I Was Enabled.

I mentioned this fish a while back. My little boy just absolutely fell in love with it. He's been talking about it for weeks now. But it was $60 and it was bigger than our other fish, and I didn't really have room with only the 30 gallon tank. So today I was in the lfs looking for a couple of things for the new 75 gallon tank... And the guy there who recognizes me (and totally thinks I'm nuts, I think) saw me and said since it had been there for so long (close to 4 months I think) he'd make me a deal on it. He dropped the price to $35 and let me have 25% off on top of that because everything was on sale this weekend. So I got him (I think he's a boy... maybe?) for $27. Right now he is in a rubbermaid hidden in my laundry room. I'm trying to decide if I think I can keep him secret til Christmas...

100_3570.jpg

100_3571.jpg

It's hard to get good pictures through rubbermaid. :glare:

• Supporter

aawww.. he/she is soooo pretty.. nice work, great bargain.. good for you that you waited... i think you can keep him a secret.. he/she needs to be qt'd for 4 weeks before joining the rest anyway, by the time qt's up, he/she'll be ready just intime for christmas to join the others as your intended gift.. :)

Beautiful, beautiful fish! And at a great price! Congrats! I can't wait to see more photos of this beauty :nana

Thanks! I will try to get some better photos, and maybe a video tomorrow. I'm trying not to bug him too much right now. The catching and bagging was pretty stressful for him and he lost some slime coat in the bag. But he seems ok. He's been checking out his tub and trying to eat some dryer lint that was on the floor under the tub! :rofl

Edited by flutterbudget

Helen, I just wish I had more space. The laundry room is tiny, but really the only room where the kiddo doesn't go. And since that's where I put my buckets while aging water, he might not think much of some extra watery noises in there. He would be SO excited to see this guy Christmas morning.

• Supporter

Helen, I just wish I had more space. The laundry room is tiny, but really the only room where the kiddo doesn't go. And since that's where I put my buckets while aging water, he might not think much of some extra watery noises in there. He would be SO excited to see this guy Christmas morning.

it will do juuuuuust fine.. and if he does find out, just tell him his not yours and you're baby sitting.. :blink::blink: outta sight outta mind :exactly

This is one amazing fish! Literally, my dream fish. I would think you were nuts if you didn't get him. You will have three fish in the thirty then? And you have the new big tank? I think you will be totally fine size wise.

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with him! I'm hoping I might be able to get a video later!

This is one amazing fish! Literally, my dream fish. I would think you were nuts if you didn't get him. You will have three fish in the thirty then? And you have the new big tank? I think you will be totally fine size wise.

I actually have a small ryukin in qt as well (Floyd). He has a week left. But if all goes well, I will have the 75 ready before Christmas and everyone will have plenty of room.

Gorgeous :heart Your son has an eye for beautiful goldies :D

I know! He really does! :wub: