10 Gallon Tank

sasha

can someone tell me when you are taliking about 10 gallons ,is this usa gallons or uk gallons thanks

also ive been lookingonline for a bigger tank and ive sseen a 210 litre ,would i be able to put 4 fancies in the tank

Edited by sumer

can someone tell me when you are taliking about 10 gallons ,is this usa gallons or uk gallons thanks

also ive been lookingonline for a bigger tank and ive sseen a 210 litre ,would i be able to put 4 fancies in the tank

US gallons :)

210 litre is 55 US gallons, and with the 10 gallons per fancy rule you should be fine with four fancies, even if the tank most likely holds only about 45 gallons :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

;) Sounds like someone's got the goldfish bug!!! Not to worry it has happened to us all here :D ! You are in good company. I started out with a 60 litre (16 gallons) but then I was lucky enough to get my hands on a 240 litre (63 gallons)!!! :angelstaf:

• 3 weeks later...

hi changed my mind again, been to lfs and seen a fish tank, its 180 litres about 47 gallons,sits on a lovely wooden cabinet.

so how many fancy goldfish at most should i put in this tank.

Also what size of filter should i be looking for and lighting.

lol ive been window shopping and on the net for tanks.

I would not put more than 4 fish in there. As for the filter, you want 10xgph, so something that pumped at least 470 gallons per hour.

Lighting really doesn't matter much to goldfish unless you add plants, it's more of a personal preference.

so can i put 2 filters on the tank to make it up to 470 gph

the filters ive seen have 1000 litres per hour ,so id get 2 of these,or would that be too much 2000 litres. thanks