Visited The Uncle's Pond Today

Noreun

So I went to my uncle's house today for the first time in years. The last time I was there, he had one pond of shubunkins and was in the process of building another. Now he has 5! He has one pond for the small koi, another for the medium and one giant one for all the large ones. The filtration system was pretty cool too. It was all homemade with giant barrels and pvc pipes.

I could only get one picture, seeing as I was trying to take it on the sly. It's taken really quickly on my phone too, so I probably moved it at the last second. This one is the main pond with the large koi. I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the others.

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

This one would have made a good photo but as I was taking it, my cousin snuck up behind me and scared the living daylights out of me. It still looks pretty cool though- like a koi hallucination.

Oh, and I got to feed them too :D

I'd never seen koi in real life before so I was jumping up and down on the inside when he said I could feed them. They eat differently to how I'd imagined. It's like their top lip curls over their food or something.

• Supporter

wow!.. the pond looks really natural and clean.. and the fish look really happy and active. your uncle must enjoy fish a lot to have built so many ponds!.. good on him, it appears he's doing a fab job.

thanks for sharing! :bighug

Oh, we we're playing basketball and I snuck off to take a photo of the fish.

At the time, it didn't even occur to me that I could take pics later on in the night so I quickly rushed it :doh11:

I'll be back there next week, so I'll try and get better pictures then.