Made A Decision

redfish

We decided to rehome Prince Poppycock (comet). He has grown 2 inches in his quarantine tank, in a month. So instead of risking him out growing (or not thriving) in the 25g before we can upgrade, we are giving him to a friend's parents. They have a large pond, with 4 large comets, now. They winter them inside a heated garage, in a feed tub/pond. I think it is for the best. He is beautiful and healthy, and I want him to have the best chance at a long life. I am still glad I bought him from the feeder tank.

So poor Boog is still alone. :(

Edited by redfish

Awwww but it was a good decision, especially with knowing where he will live and that he will have a great life there in the pond with the other comets :)

I'm sure you will find a friend for Boog. There are so many cute and pretty fish out there. Just keep looking for a nice fancy goldfish as buddy :)

its great to know that you can make the right decision even if it means you have to say bye to it. i hope everything goes well and he lives for a long time :D

Thanks everyone. :) We do miss him. He had so much personality, even in the tiny quarantine tank. But with a tiny flick of his tail he was nose to the other side, I think even in the 25g (which is 31" long) he would have been so limited. I think he will be happy and have a long life in his new home.

I know even 2 fancies is pushing it in the 25g but IMO goldfish need like company. Boog seems ok alone, but he is much more active with a friend. Alone he has more periods of just floating, bored in the middle of the tank.