Kismet Passed Away Today

The very first goldfish I got from Goldfish Connection's auction were Kharma and Kismet... I had been looking over the beautiful fish in the auctions but thought they were too far out of my price range at the time, especially since I was fairly new at goldie keeping. There was this one lavender/cream telescope that had totally caught my eye but I let that auction go by without bidding. Then I followed a few other auctions and never bid on any fish. Then I saw this black and white telescope that I wanted SOOOO bad. I told my boyfriend that I LOVED this fish but would never spend the money.. A few days later I had done SOMETHING nice for him and he says.. "you know what? Get that fish! You deserve it!" and I said "really?" and he says "yes! You are always doing nice things for people, you really deserve that fish!". So I bid on the fish and won!!! :-) I decided to name her Kharma because I felt it was my good karma that got her for me.

While I was on the phone with Ken he asked if I had gotten any before and I said no. Then I said "a few auctions back there was this ONE fish I wanted but I never bid".. He said "what did it look like, maybe I have another similar fish?" and I said "she was a lavendar/cream telescope".. He said "I remember that fish! It was a really interesting color"... Then he pauses for a second and says "you know what. I saw that fish the other day I think... I'm pretty sure the winner never paid so she was never sent out".. I thought "omg she is meant to be MINE".. He said he had to make another attempt at contacting the winner but if they didn't respond I could have her. He called back in a few days and said that she would be mine!!!! I thought "I knew it! It's fate!! I was meant to have her" and because of that I named her Kismet.

They were both beautiful fish but unfortunately they didn't really thrive. They didn't really put on weight and they began to get very very floaty.. Kismet dropsied a few times and responded to metromeds but neither ever fully recovered. I'm pretty sure at this point it was worms and by the time I realized it and treated properly, they were too far damaged. Eventually Kharma was stuck at the top of the tank and couldn't get to the bottom. She swam around and ate and seemed happy, but one day I found her gone... Kismet went downhill bigtime after that. She began to bottom sit constantly and her eye swelled up.. She got to the point where she couldn't eat on her own recently and I made a few last ditch attempts to save her.. Every time I would start to consider euthanizing her she would act really really spunky and active and happy and eat for a few days almost as if to say "don't do it yet!"..

I went ahead and ordered the clove oil and decided to move her into the hopsital tank where I would try one last medication and if that didn't work I would put her down. I moved her into the hospital tank yesterday and she was scooting around like CRAZY and I hand fed her pellets and she ate better than she had in a while. She seemed really full of life and I thought "maaaaybe she isn't too far gone".. This morning I checked on her and she was still super active.. Then we had thanksgiving dinner and after I went to give all the fish their peas and give her her food and she was just gone.. It was really sad but also a big relief.. I was really not looking forward to having to make the final decision of whether or not to euthanize and so this made it all so much easier on me. She went quickly clearly because this morning she was swimming around.. It's weird because just the other day I was saying my prayers and I said "please help me make the right decisions for my pets like Kismet because I don't know what to do. If she is going to go, I would rather her just go now peacefully" and then she passed away on Thanksgiving. Some people may think that was a bad thing but I took it as a good thing. Maybe God took it out of my hands because he knew it was too tough for me.. Who knows. Either way I am thankful I didn't have to decide..

RIP Kharma and Kismet... I will never forget you guys...:heart

AUC_111_21.jpg

AUC_109_33.jpg

Kharma3.jpg

Kismet4.jpg

KharmaKismet4.jpg

oh Sue :cry

tears in my eyes reading...they were two very, very pretty fish huh. And their story, of how they came to be yours is so touching! fate reallly does choose tomorrow for us -that is something I believe too. In this case fate was kind, you were spared from that so difficult decision and Kismet passed :heart .

Rest now Kismet and be with Kharma in peace where there is no pain.

You had the very best human Momma :cry1:flowers:heart:heart

Thank you everyone!! :grouphug

How long did you have them? :)

I had them for a little over 2 years.. Not nearly enough time, but I am just glad I had them at all...

My beloved panda tele passed away today too, pretty much in the same way. RIP guys :(

Awwww... I'm sorry to hear about your baby too..:cry1

It's always weird at first. Like you pass the tank and you see only one fish and it's like "ohh right".. Or feeding time is weird. :-(

Sue! I am so sorry to read about this. They were beauties, definately, and even though they didn't "thrive" I'm sure they were very happy with you. RIP dear fishies.

I'm so sorry. I remember reading all about the Kharma-and-Kismet auction in your blog, and even though it had already happened, it was so exciting to follow along with the posts!

Kismet was a real beauty. I've never seen a fish that color before. Hang in there.

• Supporter

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. It's always so hard to lose a fishy friend and they were such special goldies. I'm sending big virtual hugs and lots of positive thoughts your way.