Things Floating In Tank

TeaPot134

So I was just feeding my goldfish his Thanksgiving dinner when I noticed things floating in the water and on top. They look like tiny little white balls. I can't tell if it's something living or not. I know this is a really vague description, but does anyone have any ideas what they might be? I tried to do a search on this site and others but I can't seem to find any clear answers. They are way too small to take a picture, and I only notice them when I put the light on. I had been treating with Prazi for flukes for the past few weeks, could that have something to do with it? My fish is acting completely normal, my params are fine, and my ph has been steady for a while now. If you need any specific numbers let me know and I'll post them. I also apologize for all the dumb questions I've asked in the months since I got my goldfish. There is so much I still need to learn! Thanks!

Are they little bubbles or particles? Particles can often be seen in the tank.

They are definitely smaller than those eggs. And I thought originally that they were just particles, but I never noticed them before. Maybe I did something recently to disrupt the water? I guess I shouldn't be terribly concerned, since like I said everything is normal and fish is fine. He just ate and immediately spit out a piece of poop 4 times in the time it took me to write this response. He's so gross/cute.

He just ate and immediately spit out a piece of poop 4 times in the time it took me to write this response. He's so gross/cute.

Yeah, it amazes me how within 1.3 seconds they forget that what they just spit out was a piece of poop, and then are all OH WHATS THAT IT LOOKS YUMMY!! *SLURP*

And so the cycle continues.

Do you have a bubble stone or bar etc or does the water from the filter outlet kind of splash back into the tank? It could be fine air bubbles maybe, some are so light that the take forever to float back up to the surface to pop.

Do you have a bubble stone or bar etc or does the water from the filter outlet kind of splash back into the tank? It could be fine air bubbles maybe, some are so light that the take forever to float back up to the surface to pop.

Agreed. Especially since I notice that prazi makes more bubbles in the tank.

Agreed. Especially since I notice that prazi makes more bubbles in the tank.

I do have an airstone, and the prazi definitely made it more bubbly when I put it in. Thanks for your help everyone, so glad it's nothing!