Ok, I Am Getting Newbies On Sunday

fruitloop1

Ok guys, yes I started a thread last week about getting new fish on sunday but I did not have time but yes, now i REALLY am

Two or three single tails, probably a couple of comets and a common, I will post again when I get them on sunday

Whenever you get your fish just make sure you have enough room :)

20 gallons per single tail and 10 gallons per fancy goldfish. And make sure that there won't be problems with food, like having a comet and a telescope together. The comet will be much faster than any fancy, and the telescope additionally is vision impaired making it even harder for him to find food. Putting them in a tank together, you have to be dedicated for the rest of their lives to make sure the fish with the disadvantage gets his share of food, because otherwise this fish might starve.

Good luck!

50 gallon tank???

50 gallon tank what?

I think part of your question is missing. If this refers to the tank size you will need, I don't know what kind of fish you are getting. :)

As said, single tails require 20 gallons each, fancy goldfish 10 gallons each, unless you want to do double the maintenance.

Like I am overstocked by a couple fish, but I almost tripled maintenance. Instead of changing half of the water once a week, I change on the average 70% twice a week, bringing it to about 140% water change weekly instead of 50%, and I am testing the water twice instead of once weekly etc.

50 gallon tank???

50 gallon tank what?

I think part of your question is missing. If this refers to the tank size you will need, I don't know what kind of fish you are getting. :)

As said, single tails require 20 gallons each, fancy goldfish 10 gallons each, unless you want to do double the maintenance.

Like I am overstocked by a couple fish, but I almost tripled maintenance. Instead of changing half of the water once a week, I change on the average 70% twice a week, bringing it to about 140% water change weekly instead of 50%, and I am testing the water twice instead of once weekly etc.

oh sorry if it was not clear, I meant, would it be ok to keep 3 single tails in a 50 gall, thanks

Fang's absolutely correct, FL. Your three commons/comets are going to need at least 20 gal per fish as they're going to grow from 8-12" in length and they need that space to swim and thrive. So you're talking 60 gal tank size right from the start. Don't get them if you can't provide the space for them, otherwise they'll probably perish if you don't perform additional maintenance for them. Single tailed goldfish require much more space than the smaller fancy breeds.

• Admin

honestly i would go 4. thats what i have in my 50 gal tank, reason behind this is so they can grow to there full size and also if anything should happen to the tank it wont be so hard to fix it with the less than max fish. trust me its much easier when the tank isnt maxed out. :)

Also, the 50 gallon tank doesn't hold 50 gallons of water. Gravel and ornaments use up room, so if you go with 4 fish you are going to be on the safe side, unless you are up to the additional maintenance like I described in my previous post :)

Personally I would get them one at a time. That way you aren't quarantining 4 fish at once, that could be a pain. Even one fish will alter your cycle and adding fish slowly gives you a bit more room to adjust then adding four fancies all at once. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

I agree with bodoba. Don't rush things because this will kill your cycle if you have one. Get 4 fancies for a 50 gallon and start one at a time. This way you don't obliterate your cycle.

Good going. I strongly suggest that instead. Or even 1 or 2 fancies for now that you really like :)

black moors are about the size of fancys on average???