Top Views

Sakura

Just a few top view photos...

Chiba has the best top view!

m012.jpg

And his underside :teehee

m051.jpg

For the video, you might want to turn the volume down, because it's just loud splashy noises!

Maho- she has a mostly fused caudal fin. The last little bit is separated.

m034.jpg

Serafina

m033.jpg

Underneath

m061.jpg

Loki

m029.jpg

Luna

m031.jpg

Grindle- skinny little dude!

m037.jpg

Very very nice! I like taking photos of top view, but even when my camera was still working, I can't take photos of the fish without flash or they are super blurry, and with the water surface and little ripples 99.9% of the photos turned out unusable.

Thanks for posting those, I love all your fish and those photos show their beautiful tails well!

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I have that problem too, so I "cheated" and too the photos during a water change while the filters were off! I didn't used to turn off the filters during water changes, but with their big tails I'm too worried about the water falling so far from the filters and upsetting them too much. So filters off it is! :)

I have to turn my filters off as the minimum water line is quite far up, like 3 inches below the normal water surface and on the average I am replacing 70% of the water twice a week. That is way too low to keep the filter running... :undecided:

I don't want the filters to break, so I'm very happy that with the gravel-vac/gardenhose hybrid the water change is done within 45 minutes in the big tank and 20 minutes in the small tank.

Anyway, I love the photos from underneath, never thought about that. I should try that too although with my fish it will look less dramatic then with your butterflies and veiltails :)

Beautiful :) I just love their Tails :) is a little split more preferred in butterfly's? Just curious ;)

A butterfly's tail should be split almost all the way, more like Chiba's. But Maho's tail is fused almost all the way, which is considered a flaw technically. But I think she's beautiful anyways! And I got her for a cheaper price because of that flaw ;)

I think fused tails are so pretty! I LOVE that you can see them from the bottom! I would be totally obsessed with looking at them from every angle! :rofl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Serafina!!!

I also love Luna because she is a very balanced fish :)