Greetings From Down Under! :)

Katie

Hello everyone, My name is Kate I am new to the fish world although I have loved fish for so long now! I have come here to join a community in which I can add to my knowledge and get helpful tips on caring for my little fellas whom I love! It's hard to find a forum that doesn't just rip into people because they might not have the right amount of Gallons per fish etc :S

I have 7 fish all up:

1 Cambodian Crown-tailed Betta named Tequila. I've had him for nearly 2 years now.

2 Comets named Winston and Theodore. I got them beginning of this year.

4 Ranchus (I am very new to these fish and got them given to me from a friend who is moving) They are only very small, I absolutly LOVE them they are just adorable to watch.

( Any Ranchu info would be great, I have researched them as much as I can but nothing beats advice straight up from Fishsperts themselves)

Looking forward to making new friends and learning lots!

- Kate

Welcome to Kokos! Ranchus are my favorite fish and they aren't a whole lot different than any other fancy fish. Just make sure they have plenty of swimming space, lots of water changes and a good diet with plenty of veggies.

Thanks Everyone! I'll get pics up very soon they're so hard to take pictures of! Ranchus don't swim that fast but still manage to evade the camera!I'll get some up even if they are little coloured blurs! ;)

The warm welcome is very nice thankyou.

Ok I managed to snap some quick pics after I fed them and they were all together!

P1020340.jpg

P1020341.jpg

The quality isn't that great I have no idea how to use my camera properly! I'll get some photos of the others too.

I got told they are Ranchus if they turn out to be Non-Ranchu I'd love to know what they might be, either way I LOVE them so much :)

The White one with the orange face is "Brian" the all orange one is "Stewie" the mottled one is "Klaus" and the little orange and white one is "Mort"

If they are girls I might have to change the names!

Let me know what you guys think :)

Edited by Ranchus Down Under

P1020349.jpg

I couldn't take a photo og my Crown-Tail Beta he completely freaks out because my camera is bright orange and huge to him I tried once and I felt so horrible!

The three at the bottom are my two comets and my shubunkin, the white one with the red cap is "Winston" the orange one is "Theodore" and the Shubunkin is "Addy"

Let me know what you guys think :)

They are all very cute! :)

The ranchus are most likely ranchus but not of A-grade quality since their backs are longer, but I definitely see that little ranchu kink at their tails. They might even be lionheads, but I don't think they are, but they are definitely C-U-T-E.

Thankyou, will they get bigger with time? Or do only the A-grade ones grow large and round? I don't mind either way just interested :) I have no idea how old they are either! They love peas and a little bit of orange I found out yesterday, my other half and I had a great time watching them gobble it up! They are super cute!

I thnik they will definitely grow they just won't be as rounded as the typical ranchu, they'll probably be more elongated. The A-grade or show quality ones are usually fatter and chubbier and shorter. Although having them elongated is a food thing for you, they're less likely to get floaty, and plus since they're little ones you never know what you might get :D:heart It sounds like they have an excellent mommy and they'll definitely grow in time :heart

The shubunkin has a little moustache it's cute.

Do fish grow quite slow? I've never "grown" a fish before :P

I'll keep being a great Mummy and see what kind of surprise fishies I get! :D