Sign in to follow this  
whitner

How Can This Be?

Buttercup has breeding stars! But her vent sticks out, and I've seen the boys chase her. Not to mention she is much more deep-bodied than the others. Was she/he just a late bloomer? Is it possible I have a hermaphrodite in my tank? Or is she just changing sex? I've never heard of a fish having a sex change before.

Is it possible I have a hermaphrodite in my tank?

:rofl

hahahahah Seems to be the only logical explanation doesn't it?! LOL I have no idea. I know the vents can be confusings but that is kinda odd!! lol

It is odd, but I have a fish like this too! "He" has had breeding stars in the past but has never bothered with my female fish like the other boys do! Could my fish be homosexual? :)

Are you sure they are breeding stars?? Maybe it's ich..

never heard of goldfish changing sex, but I know there are some animals that do. :o

You know Pharoh as much as he showed me his stars, in the years I had him he only tried to do his thing 2 times, he wasnt interested at all :lol

Wow..... I've had swordtails change sex before, but never goldfish..... O.O

Could my fish be homosexual? :)

Becs, if he requests to borrow Pork Chop's bikini, then I would say he is... :tomato:

It is odd, but I have a fish like this too! "He" has had breeding stars in the past but has never bothered with my female fish like the other boys do! Could my fish be homosexual? smile.gif

LOLOL I dunno. Does he rearrange the tank to his liking with expensive decor ? That could be one clue. LOLOLOL

I think my fish are all asexual, I've never been able to see any evidence of either gender, and nooooobody ever gets "that look" in their eyes :doh11:

:unsure: Maybe you guys should tell your fish it's ok to be open about who they are. it's ok to come out of the watercloset. We're all here to support them! :lol:rofl Edited by Haruka

For the most part my fish are the same way. Chase did have breeding stars... He was the only one that I EVER saw them on and it was so cute. But ever since he got sick he hasn't had them.. I know that one of my telescopes if a female because there were eggs when she first got here, but that was 2 years ago and no eggs since. Other than that I've seen a few "outties" and assumed they were females but never had any obvious breeding behavior or anything..

Could my fish be homosexual? :)

Becs, if he requests to borrow Pork Chop's bikini, then I would say he is... :tomato:

LOLOL I dunno. Does he rearrange the tank to his liking with expensive decor ? That could be one clue. LOLOLOL

:tomuch::rofl2:teehee

Are you sure they are breeding stars?? Maybe it's ich..

Nope, not ich. The others would have shown signs. In fact, the breeding stars have gone away on Inigo and Moony, who had them year-round. Now Marischino and Buttercup both have them. I'm stumped!

Haha, funny thread :D

This is just like when i dress up in my girlfriends underwe.....eeeh, forget that last part :rolleyes:

Is it possible I have a hermaphrodite in my tank?

hahahahah Seems to be the only logical explanation doesn't it?! LOL I have no idea. I know the vents can be confusings but that is kinda odd!! lol

Just see him (or her) as a special fish. :Congrats::rofl

Even some 'normal' male fish with breeding stars never chase females. Maybe they are just not interested in sex.

If you keep the water temp constant they do not get 'in the mood'. ;)

This is just like when i dress up in my girlfriends underwe.....eeeh, forget that last part :rolleyes:

LOL 10 points to Sue!

I think my fish are all asexual, I've never been able to see any evidence of either gender, and nooooobody ever gets "that look" in their eyes :doh11:

LOL 10 points to Kathy!

:unsure: Maybe you guys should tell your fish it's ok to be open about who they are. it's ok to come out of the watercloset. We're all here to support them! :lol:rofl

LOL 10 points to Tay!

LOL -6 to Guldklumpen :whatjust:

:rofl:rofl

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

what a legend thread :rofl