Winter Theme Tank And My Pretty Girls

number20121

I decorated my tank all winter-y, and since the photo camera is dead, the video camera had to be used. I don't know what I did wrong with the format, but the video is squished a bit, making my fish and tank look shorter than they really are.

Anyway, I still hope you guys enjoy it. I really like how the tank looks, the tiny bubbles floating around look like snow.

Chibi and Banana hang out together a lot as you can see at the beginning of the video.

Also, what color would you say Spicey is? You see her at the very beginning to the very right, the brown thing with the big mouth :D She looks completely matte from the front, but from the side she is so metallic like in my signature.

I am really looking forward to a longer tank for Hugo's sake. She likes swimming back and forth so much!

This video was taken AFTER Vanille's accident. As you can see she is doing completely fine now. And here too you can tell how ryukin-y she is getting now, again compare her to my signature. In just 4 weeks. What an improvement. And little Banana is adorable as always.

WOW Vanille has GROWN!!! You so need to update your sig!!!

I also say Spicey is chocolate - very plump girl too :D

I think Chiby remains my fave! She was first on food patrol then she just stared out at you for MORE FOOD! Dr.House does that all the time! :rofl

Hugo is just a stunning ball of energy! Is she like that all day? Swimming up and down??? Wow.

Oh and your WINTER THEME!!! Uhhh point of the tread! I LOVE IT!!!

Awesome video. Hugo made me dizzy hahaha but he really is majestic, I can't say that enough. It's like he's the patriarch-guardian of the tank. Vanille has really grown beautiful. I love how he fattened up and how much his tail has grown.

Yours is probably one of my favorite tanks in this forum since it's just so diverse with all your varieties! Nice winter feel with the tank!

Thanks everyone! I'm very proud of my girls, but who is not proud of their finned babies? :D

And I really love how the tank looks, although it looks a bit better in person; the video is kind of pale looking and blurry.

Oh and yes, the background is wrapping paper, and then I added those three big snow flakes. They are perfectly symmetrical, this really shows how squished the video is as they appear longish in the video.

Looks very nice and your goldies look great.

I think I would have gone with a summer theme, I really don't like winter. I can't stand the snow, I don't mind the cold I could just do without the snow!!

Nice choice of music, BTW ;D

First tune that came to my mind when I saw my finished decoration. I want to figure out how to add some icicles :D

j-pond: I love the winter and the snow. I miss snow so much here in the south :(

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

It looks great! Chibi and Banana are so cute swimming together like little buddies :wub: And Hugo is so fast!

I would call Spicy "bronze" or "chocolate". Some people differentiate between the two, but I just use those two terms interchangeably. She looks like she might eventually fade to orange.

Yeah, Spicey is already going through some color change. Some of her scales are turning lighter, but not exactly orange. It looks simply like a lighter version of her current color, not deeply saturated like orange scales either. I guess she will turn into some sort of gold or ocher, kind of like how her belly is right now.

Chibi and Banana spend a lot of time together. Banana follows Chibi around and that makes it look like Chibi is showing Banana everything :) Not that that is really how it is, but it looks that way.

Spicey and Vanille hang out together too, Blacky Fishie is the only one who still keeps rather to herself. Only Chibi really intentionally spends time with her sometimes, although not as much anymore since Banana is there.

I also like how gentle the single tails are with the small fancies. At one point you can see how Hugo dodges little Chibi. They never get aggressive when there is food, but I think I will have to break Hugo loose of the caffeine :rofl

TOO. MUCH. ENERGY. Anybody know that funny POWERTHIRST energy drink video? I think Hugo ordered those.

j-pond: I love the winter and the snow. I miss snow so much here in the south :(

Maybe I can convince the powers to be to send it down south for you..;) , that way I don't have to deal with it...:yeah:

Edited by j-pond

Loved watching this vid - the colours, the music, the fish, the decor - the tank looks beautiful and you have done a wonderful job! I LOVE your winter theme!

Vanille definitely looks so much deeper bodied!

I agree spicey looks chocolate! :)

Oh JEEPERS!!! Just so wonderful to watch! I can't believe what I am going to type cos single tails don't usually do it for me B U T Hugo is the most amazing fishy!!! STUNNING! Look at those fins! :wub:

It's hard to choose a favourite cos they are all sooooooo cute! :D