Feeling Rather Silly And Worried

bluebird

After posting pictures of my new telescope in the goldfish photos section, Sakura asked about my other (what I presumed was a fantail) goldfish and his single tail. By the looks of things, he's a nymph goldfish and because of the single tail he is apparently likely to be faster, more aggressive ..and I've paired him up with a meek telescope x_x. I've had them for a month or so now and they seem to be okay aside from relentless chasing on the first day and some chasing every now and then by him but I'm just worried about the future for them. If my telescope was to get sick I worry that he'd chase and bother it til it couldn't even try and recover.

My question is basically.. should I panic or not? ^^".

Thanks very much ^^

Edited by bluebird

Nymphs are basically a goldfish with a fancy's deep body and a single caudal fin. Depending on the shape of the body the fish may or may not be more aggressive or faster. Technically there have been pearlescale nymphs and they are by no means any faster than their dual caudal counterparts. If the fish still carries a nice deep body as similar on most fancies than I wouldn't guarantee any greater speed or aggression.

I must admit though I'm interested in this fish, do you pic perhaps?

*edit* Now I feel silly LOL, I took a look at your other post and the body is quite compact and deep. I don't think they'll be any speed issues but aggression happens in all breeds of goldfish not just the long bodied single tails. Only time will tell if that will be an issue.

Thanks so much for your informative and reassuring post! hehe these goldfish have caused so much worrying and panicking xD but I still wouldn't change them for the world. Thank you ^^ and that's really interesting, I didn't know there were pearlscale nymphs, you learn something new everyday :P.

Thank you :).

I agree, I think it will be just fine. If sometime down the road you do notice problems, you can always separate them. But if the problem is the telescope not getting enough food, there are plenty of ways to work around that. Like hand feeding the telescope, or feeding in a breeder net or bucket of some sort :)

p.s. I think your nymph goldfish is really cool!