Really Wana Move Pixel To The 85Gal.

So Pixel has been totally healthy and happy since I got her. Her Qt has been over for a while now, but she has been kept in the 20Gal Qt because I am a little afraid of putting her with the big fish. She has already grown quite a lot, and bulked up well. I am guessing she is about 7-8cm right now (tail included). She is about as long as the ranchu twins (a little less), but about half their width.

Do you guys think it is okey for me to move her? She is quite zippy and clever. My larger fish in the 85Gal is SirArchie who is about 15cm I guess.

I've personally never had problems with having a little goldie in with the whales. Right now, I have Ling Ling, my panda telescope, who is significantly smaller than everyone else in her tank but is doing just fine. I keep an eye on things to make sure she gets her share of food, and I break some of the food up into smaller pieces for her. But she more than holds her own with the big guys.

Pixel will probably love having friends!

Considering everything that's happened today I understand your trepidation. The only way to be sure is to put her in and observe for a few hours. If you want to transition a little less dramatically, you can always pop her in a breeder box for a bit to get used to her surrounding and the other fish to her.

You are a very good fish owner and you have amazing insight when it comes to goldfish. I believe in your decisions whole heartedly dear. *hugs*

okey perfect!

tomorrow I will do a water change and put her in in the morning and keep an eye on her - while I slave in the kitchen to prepare for thanksgiving!

I think she will be fine. I moved Chibi in with Hugo, and y'all know how big she is. Chibi was only 2.5 inches, so about the same size as Pixel is now, and everything was perfectly fine, even with the big single tails.

Of course you have to keep the personalities in mind, it will depend a lot on how the big ones react to her. Just keep an eye on her :)

Yes definitely go on ahead like the others have said. :yeah Little Zelda (Formerly Ludwig) :rofl Absolutely gets along fine with Link and he is a beast. She leads him around and they sleep together. Little Pixel should be just fine!

Sarah how big is Rusty? Pixel is about 2inches now - I took a better look at her before. Sir Archie is about 6inches.

Rusty is just over 2" nose to the end of her tail, and only about half of that is body, she has a loooong tail. Chester is 6" nose to tail and 4" of that is body length. Rusty's slim, Chester's nearly square from side on and seriously chunky. You could fit like 8 Rusty's in her.

Edited by devilduck

oh okay doke! Then it should be good. I don't think she can fit into his mouth. :rofl She could def fit into Grace's tho! It would be like a tapas bar! :rofl

• Supporter

how about sir loyn and david? sir loyn 9.5" and david was only 3cms..

no problemo!.. infact, they became best friends and rested together ever since.. pork chop got her nose outta joint and rested with amico.

LMAO... it's amazing how everything changes...

OMG I just put her in!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I CANNOT believe I was worried about her!!! 5mins later she OWNS the tank!!! She is zipping around like a psycho nipping everything she finds! :rofl Good thing she is so tiny so it is nothing to worry about, the others are not even paying attention to her :doh11:

I am happy tho because she GREW a LOT since we got her! Now her belly is all white :heart She is still dusted with the baby brown color on her head and top half :) I wonder what color she will become. Her tail is HUGE and full. Love it!

Oh now I think she thinks she is a Ranchu as she has ganged up with the Ranchu twins! :gcar:

She is BULLYING Blondie!!! She runs after everyone and gets in the middle of their tail fins and nips in there!!! What a nut! Now I put in some spinach so she fills her tummy a bit! What a nut!

Is it just the size you're worried about? Have you seen Rusty and Chester together?!?!?! Size is NOT an issue in 99.9% of cases!

I feel the same way!

Whenever i brought home a new baby fish, they never had problems with the the bigger tankmates.

They may be a little shy the first week though, depending on the fishs personality.

My Pepper did not give a sh** about the others being bigger.

Come feeding time she was up front from day 1 :)