Industrial Sanitizer?

kukana d

Hey guys,I just got some anacharis from 'Bonnie's Plants',and she told me I don't need to sterilize them b/c she did it before she shipped them-w/ an industrial sanitizer. I had emailed asking if they use PP-she wrote back and said--'not anymore-we purchased 1 of these'. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience w/ this-it makes me VERY NERVOUS not to treat them w/ PP before putting it in w/ my GF! Anyone?

I have no experience with this but I'm like you it would make me extremely nervous not to use PP. I may be paranoid but I don't trust other people to do the job right so I would disinfect the plants myself. But that is just me and my insecurities. :rolleyes:

Dang!!! I was really looking forward to these staying green-instead of getting that nice,dark color PP visits on themwall.gif I'm afraid I share your insecurities-I've had them just sitting in a bucket of water for several days-'do I REALLY want to chance it????????'yikes.gif I was just looking for a little enablingpost-4056-1113060392.gif,HOPING someone would say it would be ok to just add themNaughty.gif

I will NEVER do that again after I forgot to disinfect my last plant and got planaria in my tank!!!

How about bleach? That won't stain the plant. 30secs is way more than enough :)

I will NEVER do that again after I forgot to disinfect my last plant and got planaria in my tank!!!

How about bleach? That won't stain the plant. 30secs is way more than enough :)

GREAT point,Fede!krazy.gifIs the ratio 1:19 ?

I've done 1:19 for two minutes with success on my anachris. I always let is soak for a couple of days after in triple times conditioned water to make sure all the bleach is gone. It does stay green. I think that the 1:9 could work too, but sometimes if you aren't careful you end up killing it.

Yea I used to use the 1:19 but I get really impatient holding my fingers in bleach. So now I do the 20secs thing. :) I have successfully used it on all my anubias and javas - but maybe anachris are more sensitive.