Elvis Has Left The Building

001-1.jpg

Elvis is gone. He passed quickly, within 10 to 15 minutes of going into the clove water. All I had on hand was cherry vodka, so his water was pink and slightly cloudy, almost like a soft pink cloud. Seemed appropriate somehow.

In a little while, I will put him in the freezer. This spring, I intend on burying him beneath on of my longlasting plants. Possibly a veggie plant or even a fruit tree/bush. That way everytime I eat that fruit I will remember him.

I'm sorry I never got Elvis dancing to that music Koko put up, but I will put up a couple of snaps when I have the desktop turned on.

I just want to say thank you to Trinket, Koko, CountryLover, Karen, Amy, Mac, Tristen and all those who helped me out with him over the past couple of years. It was a struggle, but he was a fighter. He just never seemed to recover from the radioactive water episode. Just started going downhill faster. It's better this way I think. Now I won't have to worry about finding him a home next year when JC retires and we hit the road to see my kids and grandkids. I just don't think Elvis would have toured well. :) I'll continue to pop in to the Cafe from time to time or send an IM saying Hi. I not going to get any more fish, that wouldn't make sense with JC retiring next year. I just need to figure out what to do with the 3 tanks, and all the stuff that goes with them.

Thanks again everyone for all your help. He's at peace now.

:cry1 I'm so sorry for your lost. Elvis went through so much and you were with him every step of the way. You took such incredible care of him. :heart

:rip: Sweet Elvis.

You know Elvis was one of my favorite fish and you loved him so well...you gave him a great life. He was quite an old boy and he wasn't quite cut out for traveling life in a RV. I'm glad he went quietly and peacfully...having just done the same thing with Walley it is comforting to know how quickly and simply they pass. Please, come back even if you are fishless...I miss seeing you around here.

And definately put those tanks up on Craigslist...I have always sold mine right away. Then buy the kitties something wonderful.

Hugs to you, hun.

Aw Roni :hug So the time came.

Dear Elvis, I will never, ever forget him. Or you for that matter and your long dedication to his well-being. He was indeed a trooper and so are you for the long innings you helped him have in spite of the many issues that made that seem so impossible. Bless you for your care of him. Im glad I met him and you :heart.

I wish you a beautiful retirement hun with your cats, family and lots of love. Please check in sometimes and chat here!

May your darling, much loved and sweetest Elvis rest now in peace under the plant or fruit tree you choose. :flowers

• Supporter

oh, i recall reading up on elvis a few months ago.. and was wondering how he was.. i am saddened that he's gone, but relieved for him just the same.

you really did a great job, and yes, so did the members that helped you and elvis through it all, but if it wasn't for you sharing the love and care you had for elvis, we would never have met him and he would never had stood a chance in anyone else's care.

there is a post here where someone says, "you should be proud" i second that post and wish you well with your future endeavours.

big hugs to you!

Ohhhhh such sad sad news!!!

:cry1

Elvis was an amazing fish and you were an amazing owner to him.. So many times when it seemed impossible he was able to pull through due to your dedication and care. I feel like his life was extended by SUCH a long time simply because you gave him everything he could possibly have and tried everything you could possibly try... There are a lot of dedicated members on this board and stories of people giving it 200% to try and save their fish and you are right at the top of that list. I KNOW somewhere he is thinking "thank you" and he knows he was loved.. I really believe that!

And you BETTER pop into to chat now and again even if you don't get anymore fish! Just to catch up... Doesn't have to be about fish at all. Just life and stuff (We've had quite a few conversations about that!!!)

:heart RIP Elvis! You were a very special fish and you will never be forgotten! :heart

• 2 weeks later...

I just read Elvis's story on your goldfish blog. Poor fish, he's been though a lot. But inshallah he is at peace now :rip:

Edited by Calluna

Thank you everyone! I just caught up reading the posts and they made me cry as hard as when he first passed. I miss him so much. Seems silly, but after 14 some odd years he became a companion instead of a pet.

The aquarium still sits in my living room, almost empty except for the plants that I promised to Ami. The house is so quiet without the aquarium running. I still habitually look every morning to see how he is and he isn't there...:cry I think the only thing I don't miss is the constant water changes.

I still have a 10 gallon bin packed full of supplies that, after Amy has picked what she wants, I will put up on the ad board for whoever else wants it. It's free, you just pay the shipping. If anyone lives close to me and is looking for aquariums, let me know, I have the 38 with stand, the 12 and a 1 gal sick tank.

I just want to say that I really appreciate all the kind words. Sue, you made me cry and laugh because I too remember some of our late night conversations about life, love and general nonsense. All of you have been so wonderful to me and I can't imagine a better family to have than all of you. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care of yourselves and each other and feel free to drop me a line whenever you want. If you send me your email addresses I will be happy to stay in touch with you.

Hugs to all!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi all.

I finally got up the courage to go through the 10 Gallon Bin that had all his supplies in. I have donated a lot to a fund raising auction for one of the local Rescue Groups. Due to low donations, they have had to pull out from the Pet Store here in my town. I've gotten together with other foster family's and now I am hosting a fundraising auction in my eBay store. There has been a bunch of stuff donated by the fosters and members of the rescue to try to get the money together to finish taking care of the animals still in the care system. We have 6 seven month old females needing to be spayed, shots on over 30 cats and kittens still needing homes in the So Cal area, not to mention helping out the fosters with food and other medical needs. I am not only hosting the auction, but am putting together a photo album of the animals still available for adoption. Busy Busy.

I will be posting the links to the aquarium stuff here at Kokos in my post in ad5 http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/90699-all-of-elviss-tanks-and-equipment-must-go-asap/.

I know that there were a few people interested in some of it, so this way I can still get it to someone who it will benefit, but the money will go to a worthy cause, one I really believe in. This way, if someone wants something but don't have the cash, they can pay via paypal or credit card.

I am doing ok. i have been staying busy and helping out others. It's a great way to get through depressing times. I miss chatting with everyone, just haven't had time to stop in often, but you are all in my thought very frequently. Take care all, and remember the auction going on this week here: http://stores.ebay.com/fazmataztical-dragon/Rescue-Funds-/_i.html?_fsub=2620880016&_sid=954994886&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322