Hello From West Virginia

Guest Bonjovicrzy

Guest Bonjovicrzy

Hello

hope all is well I am Bonjovicrzy my first name is Bev I am from the United States state of West Virginia I found this message through internet and the Goldfish Connection Store & Info .. I am so happy to find this place

I am new to goldfish and the fish world I only have one goldfish that I am adopting and I am trying to help it and give it tender loving care after stress and drama in it's life I am trying to find out how to take care of him to grow and become big and happy so if I ask allot of questions please be patient .. thanks

HELLOOOOooooo!

glad you joined. this is definitely the place to be to learn new things especially about fish. very good community of users, especially with the average posters. enjoy :D

Guest Bonjovicrzy

thank you every .. for the warm welcome I am sure I will be bugging you all to death I am totally lost trying to find out how to get my little adjusted he does not have a name yet but I have been calling him Mr.Fish so far

Welll~ :D First off what size tank is it? For fancy goldfish you need a 20 gallon for the first and an additional 10 gallons for each after that. For common/comets since they are pond fish you'll probably want to get a 30 gallon or larger and 20 gallons for each common/comet. They just get so big so fast they're much better off in ponds.

Guest Bonjovicrzy

Hi every one

Haruka he was rescued from a pond there was 7 fish .. the pump went out while parents was away they left a timer on to feed their fish .. and the pump going out killed 6 fish he is the only one left he is small I just got him yesterday my Mom knows I take care of my pets and she said if any one can get him better I could I baby them like crazy .. .. only thing my Mom had to put him in was 2-3 gallon aquarium for now that she had I went today to the only store near us .. I got a tank it is not real big but bigger then he has now .. I am just wanting to nurse him to be sure he is ok ( he has a white spot on his side ( we think it was due to stress and him out of the water) .. I know he will get big and needs a big place if he makes it I want to nurse him just till spring/summer comes and if he makes it he will be going back in the pond I am hoping he will make it... the tank I bought is a 10 gallon ( Cycle it now ) I live in a small place and do not have room for a big tank ...so I am hoping that will last till spring if not I will think of something till spring..

Edited by Bonjovicrzy

Hello, Bev,

I'm new to this site, too, - and sort of new to goldfish. It's a little overwhelming, isn't it? all this information. When I first got my fish, I thought it would be easy [the innocence of a newbie], but there is more to keeping goldfish than simply plunking it in a bowl and daily feeding!

This site seems to be kind, with people willing to help newcomers. Good luck! and welcome. ~karen

Guest Bonjovicrzy

Hello Karen

nice to meet you

yes I agree it is overwhelming for sure ..and yes this community seems to be so nice to us newbies I read one community before here and they was rude and I did not want to be part of that one .. I am lost and trying to learn fast so I can give the best care for my Mr.Fish .. good luck to you and your little one with fins .. Happy Thanksgiving to you and every one else ....