Some Of The Ponds I've Built

BenJoly

Here are just a few pics of some of the ponds I've built and maintain

Large waterfall about 7' long and 5' high

th_Picture547.jpg

Here is an awesome waterfall stream I built, has a really neat pooling area,

th_100_1444.jpg

th_100_1452.jpg

Another big pond I built a couple of years ago, I still can't believe that me and two other guys moved some of those rocks by hand

th_100_1451.jpg

Here is a full shot of the pond with the big waterfall

th_Picture545.jpg

Is this like your business? Or just a genius talent? I can't believe you have the opportunity to make MULTIPLE ponds, I'm still trying to find a way to make just one! Though to be honest, most renters don't like you making indoor ponds on their property :blink:

It was a hobby business for the past few years, last you I started doing it fulltime. I was very busy in the start of the season, then it got real slow for August, I also do sub-contract work with another company. Next year should be real busy I already have a few large jobs lined up. I know what you mean about renting. We sold our house this year and will be temparily renting a condo. I will be building a deck pond for the balcony for my few koi and goldfish that I have. I love how they thrive and colour up in an outdoor pond. If you visit my website that is in my signature there are pictures of some other water features I've done.

Thanks for all the nice comments...

100_1451.jpg?t=1290442380

I'll take one just like this please! :D I love how natural it looks with some grasses poking through the stones. You do very nice work.

This one is a couple of years old. He had a much smaller pond there before, when we dug it out we put on the dirt and soil in the back part of the pond, I guess we also buried some cat-tail roots and other grasses as they grew back. This pond has a 6000gph pump with a savio skimmer and savio waterfall filter. It also has a bottom drain. Took us about a week to build it. I always make my ponds natural looking, you will not see any liner in my ponds unless it is a koi pond. I like to keep the deep part of the koi pond bare so that koi will not damage themselves too much on rocks. Thanks for the nice comments. I have more just trying to find them all. I did a 30' pondless stream last year, I'll post pictures as soon as I find them

Here are the ones I meant to put up earlier, I noticed that I had some repeats in my previous post.

This one I did last season, I get calls from this customer all the time about how much he loves this pond. I have to go back and take more pictures, as he says he has put more plants in it as well as some kind of mermaid & shell fountain piece.

38508_468494762264_516702264_6192058_3709110_n.jpg?t=1290468254

This one is also from last year, it was a rebuild. I wish now I took before and after picks. I will probably have to go back this year and re-do this one. When I went there to close it for the season, their new 120lb dog loves going in and has completely destroyed this pond. It will probably become a pondless water feature.

30301_440068487264_516702264_5423197_1116134_n.jpg?t=1290468254