The Goldfish Tanks

Sakura

Here's the 75 gallon telescope tank! Six fish in total- four butterflies and two veiltail telescopes.

l068.jpg

l070.jpg

And here's the 55 gallon ryukin tank! Two long-tail ryukins. The little pump and tube at the upper right corner is the small UV sterilizer from GFC. (It hangs over the back of the tank) I just hooked it up today.

l085.jpg

l086.jpg

I'm so happy to finally have the two tanks set up as ryukin-only and telescope-only. I've been wanting to do that for months now! The telescope tank is in the living room, and the ryukin tank is in the computer room.

Edited by Sakura

Thanks guys! Yeah Tay, that's a sponge filter. I just had it laying around so I thought I'd add it for extra biological support. Ashlee, I didn't paint the backs, but I want to eventually. They're just that black plastic aquarium background stuff. I got a good deal on it at Pet*smart when they were having a sale.

It's a big fixture made by Current. It holds 4 compact fluorescent bulbs, but I only have two in there because that's plenty! It came with the 55 gallon tank, bought second-hand.

Like this one, only it doesn't have little legs:

Current%20Orbit%20PC%20Fixture%20A%201.jpg

Cool. The scary light that came with mine is broken. So I'm trying to figure out what I want to get Hoping to find something for cheap. Do you know how many watts you have with those two bulbs? Your lighting always looks great in photos.

How great! The telescopes are rocking the bright oranges and reds! Is this by chance, because of the fish on the auction? Or have you changed your 'fave' colors? I love the Moor in there - so cute.

I was also thinking of putting a black background in my new 200gal. How does it look during the day tho?

What size UV do you have in the smaller tank? Mine also runs with such a pump.

Thanks Federica! It just so happened that most of the fish I liked in these past auctions have been very red! I love them, but now I'm longing for a bit more color variation in the tank! :doh11::rofl

The black background looks good during the day too. I would take a photo of it during the day, but there's just so much glare off the glass. Maybe I'll try tomorrow and see if any turn out decent.

The smaller UV is only 8 watts. The pump is just a tiny Marineland Mini-Jet 404. The GPH is adjustable from 20-106, and I have it set at 106. Rick at Goldfish Connection says this UV is efficient at killing green water and "bacterial blooms" but will not kill the majority of infectious bacteria and parasites (though it will kill some). Since I've found the ryukins to be hardier than the butterfly telescopes, I'm not too worried about the UV being less powerful on the ryukin tank though :)

I also love red/oranges! I think that those are always the fish that pop out the most in tanks. :)

I also have an 8watt for now - I will change it soon tho. I think I will be getting an 18 for the 85gal and a 25 for the 200. We shall see. The 25 is apparently for ponds - it is a 'UVC' - not sure what that is! :rofl

Thanks for the comments guys :) j-pond I definitely owe the clarity of the 75g tank to that monster UV sterilizer!

Federica, I got a couple daylight shots of the tank for you!

Here's the 75:

m002.jpg

And the 55:

m001.jpg

Oh it still looks real good during the day!!! I might try the black look then :) I am used to having lighter effects because I am always afraid of having it look too dark - but yours looks great! I also love how it makes the green of the plants really pop. :thumb:

Thank you so much for the new full tank shots!!!by the way Sakura, I am insanely jealous ;) I love the look of both of your tanks :) it must be so hard not to just sit in front of them for hours on end ;) I so can not wait to find my new black backgrounds I've searched two stores so far and no such luck :( by the way what is the tall plant in the 55 gallon ryukin tank???

Thanks Shell! Yeah I do spend a lot of time in front of the tanks, especially the 75g one with all the teles :)

The tall plant is some type of anubias. I'm honestly not too sure which type of anubias it is, but I know it's not anubias nana. It's pretty tall and it has long narrow leaves.