Rain Garden Black Broadtails

blackteles

Here are some black broadtail telescopes that are available at Rain Garden. Two of them were just added this month. If I had the room I'd take all four in a heartbeat, no questions asked. I like the body type along with the high dorsal fin and the long, flowing, broad tail. Oh, and they're black. I just wonder if I could fit another 55 gal tank in my office....aren't they cool?

I'm just presenting these to my fellow kokonuts as a contribution to the fancy.

My fellow enablers....don't even think about it! :pp

6008a.jpg

6328b.jpg

6438a.jpg

6439a.jpg

I saw those but I'm having trouble finding a discernable fuse with his stock. It's tough to find breeding stock on something that is regularly culled. I guess I'll need to talk to him before he culls them to see if he can grow out a few for me or just send the dozen fry for me to grow them out.

Wow they are perfect, if I could I'd get one or all four too. :yeah: Unfortunately I've already stretched The landlords temper with the amounts of tanks I already have. :D

They are super pretty. I should warn you that when I got Walley he said that these broadtails are super delicate, but boy are they pretty. They look like they have a better body build than Walley did. And so very pretty.

They are super pretty. I should warn you that when I got Walley he said that these broadtails are super delicate, but boy are they pretty. They look like they have a better body build than Walley did. And so very pretty.

Amy I didn't realize Walley was a RG Broadtail. That may change my thinking, huh?

:wa I could have sworn it said mini batmans on there.

I wonder why broadtails are delicate though. Well what matters is your current tank is happy and healthy :D

LOL Tay mini batmans...

Amy's Walley was a RG broadtail and Steve told her they were delicate. I'd like to hear more thoughts and experiences from Amy. :)

Steve is such a great guy and I had a few issues with my main tank, so he was helping me out through that . He was surprised at how Walley was hanging in there because he said his experience was that the broadtails tended to be very delicate. The biggest thing I noticed about Walley right away is that he never really swam much. He spent 90% of his time on the bottom. Through QT he never left a vase except to eat. And the odd thing I noticed is that although his eyes and tail grew (and he had one serious tail...at least three times the size of his tiny body) his body never really did. He didn't put on any girth. I really started to suspect that he might have chinadoll in him and those are very tender...most don't make it much past three years old.

Now the ones you picked out, Dennis, aren't all tail. They seem to be built a little more for functionality than Walley was. Walley couldn't really get around and just didn't try very hard. He probably could have lived for quite a while as a bottom sitter, but he must have gotten something bacterial that caused him to weaken beyond recovery. That is when he started getting caught in the filter.

So, as a certified Kokos enabler I would say that those might do a bit better than my funny ill-shaped guy did.

I would email Steve and ask him what he thinks. He is super honest and trustworthy. An all around great guy. I do think Walley was shaped in way that was bound to cause him problems and these two are less tail and more body.