Visatherm Heater Popped This Morning :(

Jeana727

Darn it, my Visatherm heater popped this morning. I really think I am lucky as it seems it was going beserk on me! When it popped I as close & unplugged it & took it right out. I layed it on the carpet (luckily it's my "aquarium water catcher rug & I can turn it over) but it actually BURNED the carpet!! It was sit just below 70!!! I picked it up with a thick folded wash cloth & it was HOT T H R U the washcloth!!!!

Does anyone have their customer service info handy...I can't seem to find it right off. And I have to see if I still have the package (do I need that?). I know they replaced my other with the black Stealth heater so I am sure they will replace this one too!

LMK!! Thanks!

Hi Jeana,

I believe you have the Marineland Visi- Therm heater? I couldn't find any info on a Visatherm. If it is the Visitherm here's the link which also will get you to customer service. Hope this may help!

Marineland Visitherm Heaters Customer Service

Popped like in "broke open while in water" ? Doesn't that electrocute the fish oO

I had an older heater pop in my tank about a month ago. When it happened the electrical current immediately shut off...I believe it's a safety requirement for heaters.

Once I took out a heater without unplugging it and the temp change made it explode in my hand! :doh11: Oh and another time it was so warm it burnt my counter... Dangerous things heaters....

Make sure they replace it with the original Stealth heater, not the Stealth Pro heater. I've heard of many people having trouble with their Stealth Pro heaters. Some even explode and break the tank, spilling water all over the place. I actually have a Stealth Pro; only after I bought it did I hear about the problems with them :( I'm always nervous about it.

I just shot them an email so I should hear from them in a few days (luckily these things are guaranteed!)

Yes, thankfully they have a safety thingee to shut them down or not just FISH would get shocked!! I got it out quickly & laid it on this little rug I keep in front of the tank to catch drips & it made a burnt place on it!! Geesh!!

((Thanks for the link, Dennis!!))

Edited by Jeana727

I haven't heard yet, but I suspect they are closed on weekends. I bet I hear from them tomorrow. They have really good customer service! I have my black submersible heater screw up before (the plastic covering was all bubbled up! SCAREY!) I contacted them & told them I was sending it in....she sent my replacement right out BEFORE they received my damaged one!

I am going to call from work tomorrow & send this one to them. They'll replace it quick, I'm sure!

So.....can I ask why you guys are heating goldfish tanks? I've got a digital thermometer in my 70G and it stays 69*F-72*F without a heater.

Well, let's see...living here in the east where temperatures dip down under zero, snow up to your kazoo....yeah, I use a heater to keep mine at 72-74 degrees! :tomato:

Well, let's see...living here in the east where temperatures dip down under zero, snow up to your kazoo....yeah, I use a heater to keep mine at 72-74 degrees!

Wow, so the inside of your house gets down under zero? Well then I can certainly see why you'd need a heater.

I guess I'm kinda funny. I keep the house at around 68-72, so the aquarium stays right about there.

• 2 weeks later...

They have already replaced it & it's in my tank. I still have the busted one here! Gonna send them an email...they sent a postage paid label last time!!

I like keeping my tanks a little warm. I think the fish like it AND since half the time I am up to my arm pits in fish water, I like it too!!