I Could Kill My Brother!

whitner

Our neighbor had this goldfish (I think it's a commet) in a 10 gallon for "forever." I don't know how long 'forever' is, this is just what my brother told me. My neighbor asked him is he thought I'd want it, so my brother sent me a picture. I declined because 1) It's a single-tail, and I don't have adequate space for him/her. Not to mention feeding competition. And 2) I don't want anymore fish right now. I want the ones I have to grow big. That can't happen if I'm stocked to my limit.

I come home tonight and there the commet is. Swimming around MY tank!!!! My brother wasn't (or isn't, rather) home so I called him. I'm surprised he answered; he knew I'd be upset with him. I mean, he went behind my back and didn't even THINK of my other fish! What if this fish has a parasite or a disease ot something?!?! I swear, if my fish contract something, HE is going to pay. He was like, "Just flush him, he's just a fish." :o Do WHAT?!?! No way! I'd rather keep him than kill him for no reason. I told my brother to surrender him to that pet store he always goes to 30 minutes away.

All this because my brother wanted to make a buck by trying to sell the 10 gallon it came in.

I kind of feel bad for the little guy, though. Being stuck in a 10 gallon for who knows how long. He's not a good-looking fish, but he isn't bad looking either. About 6 inches from nose to end of tail. He's orange with white fins and white speckles all over his body. It almost looks like cotton patches or fungus, but upon further inspection it is just the way his scales are. Perhaps he will be completely white one day. I've not seen any flashing or any erratic behavior. He was kept by himself with a pleco for a long time. I don't know how often his tank was cleaned. Lord, I hope my fish don't get sick because of this. I will be keeping a VERY close eye on them.

If I had the space I would keep her, but I just can't.

He's chasing my sweet Buttercup around, now. He better stop.

Help me get back at my brother for this. I want the ultimate revenge. I'm tired of being the bigger person, here.

Thanks for listening. I just really had to get that off of my chest.

Edited by whitner

Well...I can help with the immaturity. How old is your brother? Last year I took my brother's truck and parked it a street down from ours, and then went to work with the keys in my pocket. Mwahahahaha.

Hopefully your fish will be ok. I do agree that keeping an eye on them will be the best thing to do now. Hopefully, the fish is healthy :)

• Supporter

oh no, that's a horrible thing to do.. even knowing as you say, he dumped that poor fish in with your darlings to sell the 10 gallon for money.. how irresponsible!.. i would make him go buy a new 10 gallon qt tank so you can put that fish in and a filter and some other things to go with it.. perhaps that will teach him.. very, very thoughtless of him. i would immediately prazi the entire tank and go through the entire course of prazi routine as a precaution...

and then, i would personally take him to the lfs and give him up. but still continue the prazi routine on your main tank with or without him. if he was carrying any nasties, they would have already infected the water, so removing him will make no difference to the possibility of what he's brought with him..

by the way, what did he do with the pelco? i would hate to think that he was flushed!

Well...I can help with the immaturity. How old is your brother? Last year I took my brother's truck and parked it a street down from ours, and then went to work with the keys in my pocket. Mwahahahaha.

Hopefully your fish will be ok. I do agree that keeping an eye on them will be the best thing to do now. Hopefully, the fish is healthy :)

Ashlee, that's too funny.

Whitner, I would wait a while before trying to get back with him. Let things settle down and then WHAM out of the blue!!

Oh No!!!That is Horrible :( I do hope no ill come to your Babies due to his immature behavior :( Are you going to try to keep the new one? maybe you can find a new home for him on craigslist or something?I also agree with jpond wait until he's not expecting you to get back at him anymore... then Wham!!! ;)

Sucks, although I also feel very bad for the comet as IMO he is the victim here. Sure, he is a risk for your fish and I understand that you can't keep him with them. But none of what happened is his fault, so I hope he will end up in good hands.But yeah, wait a bit until you get back at him :D

I think appropriate compensation would be that if your fish do indeed get sick from this he will need the provide the care and pay for everything involved in getting them better. I don't know how many fish are in your tank but putting them all in separate QT's and having regular water changes will sure change his opinion in what's involved in fish care. How to make him do this though, I don't know.

My brother took the fish out while I was at work today. And flushed it! The poor fish! My brother is so cruel!he's got no feelings or respect for other living creatures and it makes me so mad! It all about him him him. He doesn't give a ###### about any one else. Or anything thing else. I hope he doesn't sell that stupid tank. I hope he gets a snail outbreak couse he's too stubborn to sterilze his plants. I hope he gets an algae bloom and has to deal with time and engergy trying to get rid of it.

This is why I wish I was an only child. Itd be better than having a psycopath for a brother.

• Supporter

:noway oh my gawd :cry1 the poor baby :cry1

what a cruel brother you have.. he needs some of this :bat: and this :SmackBottom: and this :u035:

i would seriously take many things that he enjoys and destroy them!.. i would start with scratching up that 10 gallon to a point where no one would buy it!

How awful...he exposed your fish and then when you were mad at him he removed it and flushed it knowing that you are such a caring and good person that this would make you feel horrible and guilty. What a terrible passive agressive thing to do, not to mention that is animal cruelty. What a beyond awful thing to do. You should print our comments and tape them all over his room or car or whatever. He needs to know that it is pretty easy to see through such poor, childish, weak and selfish behavior.

I wanna get him back good! I don't think doing anything to the 10 gallon will be enough revenge. Selling it is not high on his list of priorities right now. But whatever it is I do, I will make sure he knows it's for the little fish he murdered.

I should have known he was going to do this. I should have just kept him.

No strange behavior from my fish...yet.

Edited by whitner

:o I cant believe your brother did this - that is so very sad :(

I wouldnt bother with any revenge at all as it will just end up becoming an ongoing 'tit-for-tat' thing and he could end up harming your other fish also :(

I don't know how people can kill living things like that. The way I look at it - what if some alien forms came to earth that were super-intelligent, far superior to us in brain power. Then they decide we amuse them and keep us in a 10 by 10 foot room for their pleasure, but some of us just aren't good enough for them so they kill us off.

When I explain a scenario with the tables turned to some people they open their eyes a little. Just because a living thing isn't as smart as us, doesn't mean its life is less valuable - in my opinion.

I don't know how people can kill living things like that. The way I look at it - what if some alien forms came to earth that were super-intelligent, far superior to us in brain power. Then they decide we amuse them and keep us in a 10 by 10 foot room for their pleasure, but some of us just aren't good enough for them so they kill us off.

When I explain a scenario with the tables turned to some people they open their eyes a little. Just because a living thing isn't as smart as us, doesn't mean its life is less valuable - in my opinion.

Well said. However, I tried to get him to see it from the fish's pov, but he just doesn't care.

How old is your brother? And do your parents known he acts totally irresponsible?

I hope your fish stay healthy :angel:

He's 21 and he's very responsible for his age. If he was able, he'd have his own place (me too, really). But when it comes to animals, he's very irresponsible. He has a tank of his own, and I've only seen him give a rat's tail about one fish he lost in the past. Usually, if he loses one he's out the next day (sometimes the same day) buying a new one(s).

I owe him 10 bucks, and when he pulled this stunt I told him he should write it off as a loss. He ain't getting his money. And I'm giving him the silent treatment. Not that he cares.

And as for my fish, they're fine. Inigo is beginning a color change, but this had started before the unexpected visitor. He's getting some white on his tail. :)

Hmm. O: alright. Ill give you my opinion! Even though alot of people here will probably be like "wtf" when I say what I will say. Guess I cant help it, I wanna speak my mind.

Personally I can be very nasty if Iam angered(I only get angry about certain things). So here is what you can do.

He told you "its just a fish, flush him" right??? you cant very well flush him. But you can make him go through what the fish goes through(or part of it). When you do y our water changes, put some of the dirty water in any of his favorite drinks. Lol. Make sure you havent used any meds obviously. That wo uld poison him, really badly. But I dont think tank water by itself will do too much harm(I had a bad experience, and not going into detail. lol). In his food, put in fish foods(they taste horrible, kinda did this to my brother lol). You could give him salmonella... but Idk how mean you want to be. xDD I would get my brother sick if he made me angry. ;o You could also publicly humiliate him. Or you could tell your neighbor that your brother was just trying to make a buck(that would make your bro seem like a jerk). :o If you really really really wanna go beyond messed up, like one of my friend does. You could very well mess with his life. Like such as if he has a girlfriend, make him think shes cheating on him and vice versa(obviously, dont tell him that she cheated or something. But plant evidence). You could also try getting him fired from his job that would make him ubber mad. Because he appears to be cheap, and a penny pincher. If the goldfish does die, feed it to him, t hen after he ate it all tell him. Though thats pretty gross(i dont like sea food myself. lol so I wouldnt touch a fish in that sort of way). You could mess with his files on his computer, that would get alot of people mad. Maybe post embarassing pictures of him on fb? Or show em to his friends? :V You could make your parents hate him also, by exposing his dark secrets to them(Iam sure you must know stuff that his parents dont know). ;o You could put his hygenic stuff like say his tooth brush and tooth paste in nasty toilet water, and then get some of they dirties animal cages you have and scrub the cage with it. Then rinse it off(the bacteria and taste will still be there. just dont use soap). Lol then get some dirty tank water and mix it with his brush again. His tooth paste try mixing tobasco sauce in it. My uncle likes tobasco sauce, but hes mexican origin and was raised under such conditions(I know about the mexican culture, since 3relations are mexicans). He told me its pretty spicy. Or you can mix in the tooth brush with something that tastes really horrible. Like horse radish, or castor oil. And in his juice you could put in some tobasco sauce. Lol. Make him brownies with super laxative. But only do that before an "important" day. Like if he gets married, do it that day. Or an important date of his. Like anniversary. ;0 You could take his cell phone and start texting all his friends. As wrong as it may sound, make him sound feminine or flirt with some guy(not trying to be offensive to anyones sexual preferance. But I know for a f act some guys get really upset if another guy comes on to them---again no offense ment to anyone of same sex preferance). Or you could text some girl he finds really appaling and start havin aconversation with her, get her to start comming onto him or something. That would upset him. Thugh that would be mean to the other person. lol.

----Some of this stuff I saw on tv and found it really funny-----