Electric Bill Trouble!?

us4298

My friend gave me a heater, Im not sure how much watts it uses nor do I know the name of the brand, but the heater is about 10 inches. I am wondering if leaving the heater on 24/7 will make a big impact on my electric bill. Can someone tell me how much it would cost montly?

We need a bit more information here,

how often will you be heating it? what is it's correct wattage? how much does electricity cost per kwh in your area?

The formula what I'm finding is kwh per day X 30 days X cost per kwh

Though it is in terms of pounds and not the american dollar this is a great article explaining the cost rundown in using a heater.

I have a 300 watt heater on one of my tanks. We leave it on 24/7 and have noticed little change in the bill. When I mean little, I mean .53 cents a month difference, and that might be from me standing in front of the fridge with the door open.

I have a Betta that I purchased 2 days ago and he is currently in a isolated cup. I did this because I jsut bought my fish tank 2 weeks ago and it is cycling with a guppy in it, although I am using an established filter from my old tank. My tank is about 78 degrees while my bettas cup is would be about 62 degrees. Can I add my Betta in the tank even thoguh Im not sure if its finished cycling yet?(sorry for writing too much)

• Admin

If you put a betta in with the guppies.... The guppies will be killed. Male betta's like to attack colorful fish and can kill them. Generally betta's should be in there own tank, unless they are female betta's :)