Goldfish Poop -

mjbubbles

Hi. I have only seen Fluffy poop twice in the 3 weeks I've had him.

Once it was long and "normal" looking. The other time, it was a tiny little one. I don't see much poop on the floor of the tank either.

I've been feeding him soaked flakes 2x per day and some kind of veggie (peas, spinach) in the evening and also fasting him 1x week.

Shouldn't he poop after he eats each meal? (Like dogs do? - Most of my pet experience is with dogs, so that's my frame of reference)

Thanks for your help,

MJ

Edited by mjbubbles

Do you have a barebottom tank? If so, the poop is definitely getting sucked up by the currents right into the filter.

If you are feeding regularly he should poop regularly....and they should be short and food-colored. A lot of times you won't see it because it happens so quick.

Only on this forum do we spend so much time worrying and talking about poop. :rofl

Then I think he's ok. I may just not have noticed the poops. The big poop was just after I gave him peas for the first time.

Is this like being a parent? Discussing the pooping habits of our dependents?\ ;)

Edited by mjbubbles