A Sign Of Goldfish Intelligence.

Erica Stolte

So I went through my routine of fish feeding, only to notice that Bromley the goldfish was eagerly butting hir head at one end of the aquarium. As I prefer to feed Bromley goldfish on the other end of the tank due to the think plant cluster there, I was trying to lure hir over to the other side. Then I realized why, Bromley goldfish apparently noticed the danios gathering and feeding in the next tank over and si wanted some of that!.

I do believe they are smarter than people give them credit for. All of mine know when I walk in the room and imediatley start looking for food. Funny thing is my waife walks in and they keep doing whatever they were doing.

My tank is in my bedroom, and every morning I wake up I find two goldfish staring at me. They just sit in the corner closest to my bed waiting. Then, if I even sit up, they dart to the top of the tank and start dancing around, begging for food! :D

My pearlscale is very smart. Since he is the slowest the other fish all get to the food at the top but they never look at the bottom of the tank. So I just tap my finger under the food, since the tank is on a wire stand and is barebottom, and he swims right over and gobbles it all up.

My tank is in my bedroom, and every morning I wake up I find two goldfish staring at me. They just sit in the corner closest to my bed waiting. Then, if I even sit up, they dart to the top of the tank and start dancing around, begging for food! :D

AW. That's exactly how my fish are~~~ I've tested this many times. Whenever I wake up, I tilt my head and look at the foot of my bed at the tank. They'll be snoozing or doing their thing, but as soon as I move, they zoom to the front and stare at me. Then when I sit up to get up, they start dancing. It's SO cute. :heart

AW. That's exactly how my fish are~~~ I've tested this many times. Whenever I wake up, I tilt my head and look at the foot of my bed at the tank. They'll be snoozing or doing their thing, but as soon as I move, they zoom to the front and stare at me. Then when I sit up to get up, they start dancing. It's SO cute. :heart

I wonder if they are aware of you "resting" when they see you lay still over there. Probably not though :D