Open Salad Bar

snorlax33

Question. Is it possible to overfeed my fish veggies? I ask because I put some broccoli in my veggie clip before I left for work today and when I got home... you guessed it, it was all gone. Is that something I should avoid in the future?

I think that's fine for them if they ate the whole thing. Be careful with broccoli though because it can make them gassy :o They might have snacked on it throughout the day. It'll probably clear out their system too.

It also smells fu*king gross.

you mean in the tank? then you should test your parameters. I wouldn't leave vegs in all day unless you have a strong cycle.

• Admin

Yeah some viggies cause gas in the fish and in us :lol But any who all foods shouldnt be in the tank for more than 5 mins or if a snack only about 15 mins. Things like Oranges can change the ph in the tank if left in there to long :( plus some things like you find out can make it stinky :lol2

I didnt mean the water smells bad. It has always smelled fine. I was saying the broccoli smells gross. I really and truly hate it but the fishes seem to love it. I have tried some other veggies but they don't seem to eat them. They dont like lettuce, spinach or zucchini. Any other veggies I can feed that wont make a mess in the tank? The broccoli seems to be very messy.

My guys love peas!! My wife thinks I'm nuts for actually sitting there and taking them out of the shells.

My hubby helps with deshelling the peas.

It is possible that your fish first don't see it as food. As soon as they figure it out they go for it jaws-style :yeah: