I Need Opinions

Sakura

Photos of all of them will be coming soon, but for now I have a question about this fish.

Does it look like the same fish as in the auction photos to you? I notice a definite difference in the body shape, but I want to make sure I'm not just crazy. As a side note, this fish has breeding stars on the pectorals in person, but I can't see them in the auction photos (granted, I realize they do not always show well in photos).

vt005.jpg

serafina2.jpg

I think it is the same. Just relating to the fins and tail. Don't think many fish have such large dorsals and special tails.

the belly looks slightly smaller in your picture. but then there could also be the potential of the angle of perspective in the photograph to make the fish look better, or maybe he was fed before. in shipping maybe he lost weight? i dunno im just throwing out ideas but yeah. also as for the auction shot, there could have been slight campering in photoshop i.e color saturation and exposures. the lighting seems great which brings out colors and some tampering here and there with the colors in photoshop can make the fish look better.

again all this is just ideas. BUT if you are satisfied with the fish you bought and how he looks, then i wouldnt be too concerned. if you are NOT happy with him then i would consider contacting the person and being like... HEY ! D:

But look at the body shape. The auction one has a hump and a small head in relation to the body. The one I got has no hump.

And actually Ken did have a number of these fish with large fins, and many of them looked similar. What I liked about the auction photo of this one though is the more compact body shape, because I don't like the elongated body shape.

I did call and email Ken immediately. He seemed really unhappy to be dealing with this :( But he said he'd look into it.

Edited by Sakura

Cant really tell cause I cant see the fins of the picture in the bag. Eyes look different. The fish in the bag seems to have smaller eyes. Is the white on the fins there on the fish you got?

Still a lovely goldfish.

But look at the body shape. The auction one has a hump and a small head in relation to the body. The one I got has no hump.

And actually Ken did have a number of these fish with large fins, and many of them looked similar. What I liked about the auction photo of this one though is the more compact body shape, because I don't like the elongated body shape.

I did call and email Ken immediately. He seemed really unhappy to be dealing with this :( But he said he'd look into it.

Now you mention it the head to body ratio is pretty different. Can humps shrink?!

is he out of the bag yet? maybe a picture from the other side could help. The angle could really make him look rounder.

a difference I do see is that the one you got seems to have more orange on the dorsal and tail than the auction one... but can't be sure.

what happens if it isn't the correct fish?! :ignore

did all the others arrive safe?

I don't know what happens, I guess Ken will be in touch with me. I'm kind of disappointed :( The others are all good except Maho, she can't get off the bottom of the tank. I'm hoping she just needs some time to adjust. :heart I'm uploading photos in a bit.

yea cause I don't know how you would be able to pack the fish yourself to send him back - you know without the compressed oxygen etc... :(

glad the others are good :)

To me it looks like the same fish considered the coloring of the fish. I see the hump thing but both the pictures are a different angle also. And lets not forget, Ken is a business man and wants to make money, so of course he only puts up the most flattering photos of the fish to get people to pay a lot for it. Not accusing anyone but who knows if he "enhanced" the photo in photoshop?

Also, who knows how old the photo is? Maybe Maho changed physically between photo taken and shipping?

The thing that bugs me is the bottom sitting though.

Whoops, confused the names!

Either way, I still think it is the same fish. I looked at the coloring of the fins and even the colored streaks seem to be the same. But the hump is smaller which makes me wonder about photoshop...

If that is what it is, then it sucks. Not sure if I'm gonna get fish from GFC then because I can get pretty fish of this quality at my LFS.

Still I want to mention that the fish you got is a BEAUTY, not matter if he doesn't look as awesome as in the GFC photo. Sakura has a similar taste in fish as I do as two of the one you got are the ones that I really liked, even though I wasn't going to buy them. This one and Luna.

I agree with you Sakura, the fish you received has a more elongated body, doesn't look like the same body shape at all. I'm curious to see how this will be settled, I've often wondered what happened if you get the wrong fish from these auctions. :undecided:

Yeah, I'm pretty much convinced it's a different fish. I hope Ken will see it that way too. He seemed mad or something, so I felt bad :( But I did pay a lot of money for this fish, and I wouldn't have paid so much for this particular one he sent me...

I highly doubt Ken would photoshop the fish to look different than they really are. He has been a very ethical and honest person to deal with so far, and I just can't see him doing such a thing. I know he uses lighting to make the colors look the best they can, but I really seriously doubt he would go in and change the body shape of the fish with photoshop.

Well, and all the others look the same as their photos.

I'm sure Ken has a lot going on with getting ready to move and all. And he'd probably really like to stop owing you fish one of these days... But it's not your fault there was a mix up, and he knows that. He was probably just frustrated.

Edited by flutterbudget

Haha, yes he totally would love to stop owing me fish! I just got an email back from him and it turns out I was right! This is a different fish! So he's sending out the right one probably today still, and I guess I just get to keep this guy for free! Serafina is arriving hopefully tomorrow! :redbanana: Thanks for mulling this over with me everyone :)

Ken is the best. Seriously.

I am happy you get to keep this one too tho! He is so sweet.

I also didn't expect Ken to do photoshop. That would be unnecessary. Imagine having to do that for 100s of fish.