Very Very Small Tank Being Sold!

fruitloop1

Was searching ebay "fish tank" and one of the results was this, I think it is an awfull way to keep fish, those two fancies dont even have any space to turn around, what about when they are older, that tank should be for a few minos

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fish-R-Fun-Complete-Starter-Blue-Fish-Tank-Kit-/160491277446?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item255e068c86

Edited by fruitloop1

You're right--we see this problem all the time. Small fish tanks being advertised with gf in it without a thought to their future. Would love to see companies be more responsible and show minnows or a betta in a little tank so people get the idea that's all they are suited for. Many people still just don't realize how big goldies can get and a little education would probably go a long way towards insuring a better life for our favorite fishies.

I especially hate when they call these things "Goldfish Starter Kit". Why make a product targeted towards a fish that you clearly know nothing about?

To be fair, having 4 duplicates of the same ryukin swim around me in midair while I gawk at my two duplicates of the same telescope DOES seem pretty awesome!

You're right--we see this problem all the time. Small fish tanks being advertised with gf in it without a thought to their future. Would love to see companies be more responsible and show minnows or a betta in a little tank so people get the idea that's all they are suited for. Many people still just don't realize how big goldies can get and a little education would probably go a long way towards insuring a better life for our favorite fishies.

Money money money

While we appreciate your concern for the fish involved, please re-read the board rules.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

6. Please, no discussions of Politics, Religion, Hunting and animal cruelty on the site. There are debate forums out there, just not on this family forum. People doing this will be warned and topic will be deleted.

If you have any questions about this or any of the other rules, feel free to ask. :)

If it truly bothers you then call the company and let them know why their advertising is wrong and inform them that you will no longer be purchasing anything from their company. If you are really adamant you could also boycott the stores that sell it.

While I understand this can be frustrating to see, I don't really understand the point of posting it here.

While we appreciate your concern for the fish involved, please re-read the board rules.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

6. Please, no discussions of Politics, Religion, Hunting and animal cruelty on the site. There are debate forums out there, just not on this family forum. People doing this will be warned and topic will be deleted.

If you have any questions about this or any of the other rules, feel free to ask. :)

sorry