Rescued Two Black Moors Today Who Needed Some Love

usmgp1

They need to be kept with other fish with sight disabilities (other telescopes, celestial eyes, bubble eyes etc.) and should not ever be kept with single tails. The single tails will often starve them out, and make sure you have a child proof tank so they manage to not injure their eyes.

They also need 10 gallons each. So a 29 gallon would be best. 20 gallons rarely hold 20 gallons of water is why. Clean water and good food. 10xgph filtration.

Plants usually should be fine. It is always a thing of luck and bad luck. Mine never injured their eyes.

Just make sure that there are no sharp edges on anything. Soft plants, either real or silk ones, are good as decoration. In my tank I got a cave for my pleco but it does not have any sharp edges, same with the piece of driftwood.

They look really nice! The one on the right in the second picture looks like he has a really nice

shape to him!

Congrats!!

What did you rescue them from?

P$T$mar&

My friend Dave works there and someone brought them in. It is probably one of the few LFS that actually has great a great and well maintained fish department. Dave reall spends alot of time with them

They are very Beautiful :) Congrats on the rescue :)

I also agree with the no sharp objects in the tank with them and real or silk plants are best but some of the artificial ones are ok as well,make sure they are getting enough to eat as non handicapped fish can see and get there food a little better than the one's with eye handicaps :( Good luck with them and keep us posted on their progress :)

• Supporter

i loooove moors. i have two myself and they just spend so much time together "cuddling" as they swim... they bump into eachother, they sleep side by side.. they spend the majority of their time together.. they are the sweetest fish i own :)

congratulations on your latest editions.. although it doesn't sound like they were rescues to me. hey? ;)

i don't blame you.. who could possibly resist their charm?