At The Moment

IMO they really don't look like they have room to swim at all. Three single tails really need at least 60 gallons.

thanks, the fish at the bottom is not a single tail, it is some sort of half tropical that can be mixed with cold water, it just sits under that rock most of the time so does not really count

Those fish are dead now by the way and I am getting 2 fancy fish [will it be ok?]

What size do you think that is [gallons]

In that photo you have three single tail goldfish and one pleco. Common plecos are not really safe to keep with goldfish because they can eat the goldfishes' slime coat. Someone who knows more about plecos can probably tell you what variety that is, but I'm not sure.

If I had to guess, it looks to me like a 10 or 15 gallon tank, but it's hard to tell without anything for size comparison. If you measure the dimensions of the tank (length, width, height) you can calculate the volume. A 15 gallon might be ok for one fancy goldfish, but not more, and a 20 gallon would really be preferable.

In that photo you have three single tail goldfish and one pleco. Common plecos are not really safe to keep with goldfish because they can eat the goldfishes' slime coat. Someone who knows more about plecos can probably tell you what variety that is, but I'm not sure.

If I had to guess, it looks to me like a 10 or 15 gallon tank, but it's hard to tell without anything for size comparison. If you measure the dimensions of the tank (length, width, height) you can calculate the volume. A 15 gallon might be ok for one fancy goldfish, but not more, and a 20 gallon would really be preferable.

thanks for the advice, I may get 1 or fish out some cash for a 20

You will also need to consider the gph output of your filter. It needs to be 10x the tank volume for goldfish. So in a 20 gallon for example, you would need 200 gallons per hour filtration.

And, I'm not sure, but the gravel in that tank looks a little deep to me. You have to be careful with that because it can harbor bad bacteia and pockets of toxic yuck.

You will also need to consider the gph output of your filter. It needs to be 10x the tank volume for goldfish. So in a 20 gallon for example, you would need 200 gallons per hour filtration.

And, I'm not sure, but the gravel in that tank looks a little deep to me. You have to be careful with that because it can harbor bad bacteia and pockets of toxic yuck.

I think I will use pebbles [not beach, fish tank ones lol]

I think I will use pebbles [not beach, fish tank ones lol]

That can work, but be aware that you will need to move them around so you can syphon up any waste or uneaten food that settles between them.

:mytank1: