Possible Goldfish Owner

t.terror97

Hi everyone!

I'm a middle school student in America. Right now I have 2 dogs (I don't take care of them but I still love them) and 4 hermit crabs. I was thinking about buying a goldfish but I came to this website first so I could collect more research and help me decide if I can afford the time and money a goldfish takes. My science teacher had a goldfish named Darwin. He lived alone in a 50 gallon tank and was the biggest goldfish I'd ever seen. I thought he was just abnormally huge but then I researched goldfish and found out they can live for a very long time and need big tank spaces, like Darwin's, to grow. I get so mad when people keep them in bowls and then wonder why their fish are dying!

Anyways, I'm a huge animal lover and I want to go to college to become a vet. Btw, I'll be posting a thread asking various questions soon.

i wont lie i am quite impressed, not to be rude, but a 13 year old to do the research before hand about fish and what not. impressed. unfortunately, when i started out, it wasnt quite the same. this is definitely the place to be though! great site i will assure that! just ask away in the forums any questions, and the usual posters shall definitely be replying to you fairly fast.

WELCOME !

Hi Tara

I have only been here a short while and everybody is really friendly

funny that, my biology teacher has 3 gold fish, I learn nothing because I just stare at them for the lesson

:welcome

Edited by fruitloop1