There's A Banana In My Tank

number20121

As of now all the light colored river stones are gone. A few of the darker tan, dark brown and red-ish looking ones are still in there with the black stones.

All the gravel is gone. I had my arm in the tank for a couple hours today sucking all the tiny granules of chipped gravel material up with my beloved turkey baster.

The mess to the right is the 10 gallon in-tank whisper filter and the big tubing is an extension from a 10 gallon HOB filter that now sucks up most of the poo in the goldis sleeping corner. Whenever I get the second Whisper EX70, the small in tank whisper will go as support filter into the tropical tank. For its size this thing works really good, it says UP to 10 gallon tank, and still has 90gph. These three filter get me 510gph which is not 10x but better than nothing.

I keep a heater in there now too as the people I live with tend to turn the furnace OFF over night sometimes, and the windows in the room are old and it cools down quite a lot over night. Just want to keep the temperature stable in the tank.

I am really not sure what they were doing here. Reminds me of the beginning of the little mermaid when Ariel's sisters have their little performance and try to introduce Ariel as their newest member, except that in my case the newest member is not off chasing her uncontrolled hormones.

danceperformance.jpg

I like this one, the way Vanille looks at Banana.

thatface0.jpg

The closeup of Banana's face is even more hilarious though. That face.

thatface.jpg

And all of them in their dinner corner. My battery got low and I didn't have live view, so I didn't notice that Blacky Fishie (at the top above all the others) was not in the picture. Sorry, girl! But even Banana has already figured out where food is served.

feedingcorner.jpg

And then here a video.

The video quality is terrible but I accidentally broke the good camera when I just HAD TO take it to Fintastic to take the couple photos of their awesome Ryukins that I posted in another thread.

Lucky me.

Anyway.

Here the video including a rare feature of the mysterious Sucky Fishie towards the end. I hate that I'll have to separate her from the goldis as she is still so nice. I guess the cold water slows and calms her down too compared to what she'd be like in a warm water tank.

And you get to see Hugo doing her second most favorite thing in the world: swimming back and forth through the bubble curtain.

th_Movie_0001.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

She is soooo cute and she's going to be so so so so so pretty. :heart

:rofl The first comment "Reminds me of the beginning of the little mermaid when Ariel's sisters have their little performance and try to introduce Ariel as their newest member, except that in my case the newest member is not off chasing her uncontrolled hormones"

• Supporter

looking really nice.. hugo is a beautiful fish.. are you thinking of getting a bigger but longer tank? looks like she'll enjoy the space.. she looks to get to the left and right quite quickly with minimal if no effort at all and when orange fishie grows a bit bigger, so will she.

but good work, they all look beautiful and healthy.

Yes, I know; I want to get a long tank, I love the one Migaloo got. I'd love to get something like that. Until then: NO MORE ENABLING!!! GUUUYYYSS!!

I keep looking on craigslist for some good deal. I am still so annoyed that a while ago when I seriously had NO MONEY someone sold a whole 150 gallon setup with stand and hood and lights and everything for $ 125 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

The tank is looking great and Banana is absolutely adorable!!!! I just adore her cute little face! You must be so happy to have your fish all together now! :)

I cant get over hugo's tail - its magnificent! :blink:

I love your gang. Banana and Vanille are definitely my favorites! In the 2nd picture, Banana seems like one of the rive rocks! Lol. Chibi and Banana look so tiny compared to the others. Hugo is just majestic with his tail and size. Beautiful beautiful tank :)

Wow fang they all look Great :)I also keep a heater just in case of a temp drop at night my hubby and I both like the window open a bit even in the winter ;) Just curious...Do you plan on keeping the single tails with your fancy's in one big tank? or are you on the look out for a bigger tank just for your single tails???

Wow fang they all look Great :)I also keep a heater just in case of a temp drop at night my hubby and I both like the window open a bit even in the winter ;) Just curious...Do you plan on keeping the single tails with your fancy's in one big tank? or are you on the look out for a bigger tank just for your single tails???

I am honestly still pondering about that and JUST wrote about that in my blog. I'm not sure if I want to put the single tails and the two fast fancies (Vanille and Spicey - Spicey OUTRUNS the single tails when it comes to food!!!) in the new large tank and keep the other three - Blacky Fishie, Chibi and Banana - in the 55 and just add one boy in there, or if I want to keep them all together like right now. Even in this tank they all get along well. I know they are gonna grow, but 125 (which is the smallest upgrade I'd go for) they should still be doing well I think. But we will see!