Giving Away Goldfish D:

Prejudiced

Long time no see guys! :)

Sadly (as some of you guys know) I have to move out of home as it has been made abundantly clear by my stepfather that I am not welcome here. D:

As a result I have 9 beautiful pond fish that need homes, as I will not leave them here (I have recently have reason to believe he may have caused the pH crash that killed Lady Luna and Lexie. Whole 2 jars of pH adjuster missing and him hinting at it.) as it is too much of a risk.

So if anyone in Victoria is interested, of you know of anyone, let me know! I'll be looking for somewhere locally too but extra help is always great, as I will only let them go to a great home!

I'll take some photos today when it's light (being 12.10am now... I need sleep) of the group :)

Thanks guys! :)

He better not have caused that pH crash! What sort of sick person does that?! I'm so sorry you're in this position Amber :( Get out of there as soon as you can, it'd be bad if you have to leave the fish but you come first. I really hope you find them a good home. It might be worth looking at public attractions or old-folks homes with ponds, they might take them, or a garden centre though then you're not so sure where they're going. Hope your situation improves soon :hug

• Supporter

i'm sorry to hear that you're in this position.. and sorry to hear that you lost your goldies in such a horrible way :( good luck with rehoming the fish.. times like this, i wish i had a pond, you know i'd snap them up ASAP..

real shame, I really wish you luck

ebay is your best bet

She said she wants to give the fish away, not sell them.

And she wants them to go to a good home so ebay is just about the worst idea ever as you don't know where the fish will end up.

Have you tried craigslist for your area? Is there even one? That way you can go and check out their future home.

real shame, I really wish you luck

ebay is your best bet

She said she wants to give the fish away, not sell them.

And she wants them to go to a good home so ebay is just about the worst idea ever as you don't know where the fish will end up.

Have you tried craigslist for your area? Is there even one? That way you can go and check out their future home.

Things on ebay can be sold for free and if you do not do postage, collection only you can discuss the future owners intentions

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I'm moving 200km to a new town and going to look at houses to rent Monday so I figure I have afew weeks still here to ensure the fish go somewhere good. I'm taking the tank and my oscar, but I don't have the option of taking these guys with me, unless I somehow chance upon a place with a pond. I've had some interest locally, so going to go check out those places soon.

I'm in the Wimmera region for anyone locally after some pretty pond fish :newfish

A breakdown of the nine are

x2 sarasa comets (Moo and Lipstick)

x2 shubunkin (Vincent and unnamed)

x1 fantail/wakin hybrid

x1 ryukin (Solar)

x1 'wild type' fry

x1 shubunkin fry (Hanako)

x1 wakin/fantailxwakin fry

All fry are actually fish now, around a year old, I'll miss them, I spent months raising them inside. :(

Some pictures from my hard drive, its a really bad day to try to photograph them.

a97509202e.jpg

sarasa

f184aee66d.jpg

shubunkin (I love these two, there so blue. The orange faced one is Vincent :rofl )

The majority of these fish are rescues and never got a name because they were just thrown into the pond once I knew they were healthy. :krazy:

(They also don't get talked about much on Kokos, because I hardly see them! :rofl The pond is pretty much a refuge for goldfish that people had in bowls that I managed to convince them to let me have, as a result I doubt they will grow much bigger then they are now despite the best of care. Solar the ryukin also suffers from swim bladder disorder and spends his days up-side down, fooling you that he is dead.)