Dr.house And Steve Urkel Get Their Own Home.

I wasn't too happy with how much food the two little ones were getting in the 85Gal. Ever since I added Sir Archie the competition for food had really gone up a notch. It got especially stressful seeing the larger fish sometimes 'sucking' Urkel's eyes when they were looking for food on the floor. :o (But there was never any bullying on purpose)

So I moved over a canister from the 85Gal to instantly cycle this 30Gal (HURRAY) and I put in a new filter in the 85Gal which will hopefully be fully seeded soon (there are a total of 4 canisters - no cycle bump noticed yet).

It is in my boyfriend's office so it has a sort of 'Urban look'. I will be adding another plant and maybe one of those underwater LED lights to add a bit of coolness.

Anyways, they LOVE it! Both are soooo active and they have been getting fed 3 to 4 times a day smaller meals. Everything seems to be going fabulous! :bingo:

DSCN3409.jpg

DSCN3400.jpg

DSCN3402.jpg

DSCN3403.jpg

DSCN3407.jpg

DSCN3408.jpg

DSCN3410.jpg

DSCN3415.jpg

DSCN3417.jpg

DSCN3418.jpg

DSCN3422.jpg

DSCN3424.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

DSCN3434.jpg

:heart :heart :heart

Wonderful photos! I'm sure the little ones appreciate it, now there is no stress while eating anymore.

EDTI: I love that last photo the most. Dr. House looks a lot like my Blacky Fishie in it, except that BF's eyes are a bit smaller and tail is bigger, but the color and body shape is just about the same :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

EDTI: I love that last photo the most. Dr. House looks a lot like my Blacky Fishie in it, except that BF's eyes are a bit smaller and tail is bigger, but the color and body shape is just about the same

I think Black Fishie has an awesome tail! It's fuller than House's. House has mostly a long tail. She seems to be going through ANOTHER eye growth spurt ATM as she has those fat rings on the eyes - usually they came in the beginning of the eye growth and then it equals out. Her body should get a move on and grow too! :doh11:

Thanx Miki!

So who is going in the big tank now?

They are the same as before and Blondie has gone back in since her enemy (Dr.House) is now gone. So they are 5 ATM. The two ranchu twins, Sir Archie, Mary P and Einstein. I might get a couple more ranchus in the future. We shall see.

That is just adorable! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Urkel!! I am desperate for a celestial and after seeing these photos, even moreso!! Just need to wait until the right one comes along!

I love your background too! Little fishies in a big city LOL :wub: :wub:

Yeah, I'm trying to feed Blacky Fishie extra, more often than the others to get her body to grow. Her body itself is maybe is long as Spicey's who is much younger. And at the same time Blacky Fishie is slim. She is not the round telescope type, but the slender one. From above she almost looks like a slightly fat comet.

I love your tank background!!! And Steve Urkel and Dr House are just the cutest heartpump.gif Those eyes are incredible! I bet they love not having to compete for food :) Do you find that celestials and telescopes have similar vision or does Dr House have a bit of an advantage? I have 2 telescopes and am just thinking of future tank mates as Steve Urkel is the coolest! :)

thanx everyone! they are so hyper ever since I moved them! :rofl must be all the extra food!

@ Kymie - Yup Dr.House has an advantage as she can 'see' the food in front of her face. Urkel doesn't see the food as his eyes look the wrong way - but he sort of 'senses' it. He usually follows Dr.House's lead at 'food hunting' time.

:Congrats: I love the new decor. :painting: Steve Urkel and Dr House both fit so well in NYC. :D Dr House is having another eye growth spurt???! He's gonna swim head down soon if his body doesn't start catching up.:rofl

So who is going in the big tank now?

They are the same as before and Blondie has gone back in since her enemy (Dr.House) is now gone. So they are 5 ATM. The two ranchu twins, Sir Archie, Mary P and Einstein. I might get a couple more ranchus in the future. We shall see.

So where are you biggies living then? *confused*

@ Edith! I KNOW I told her to focus or she will start looking silly! :lol1

@ GC. You mean the large Ryukins? They are going in their own tank. I don't want to mix the fish from different sources just incase some are carriers of nasties that others aren't immune to.

Thanx everyone. It is strange to see them in such a 'small' tank since I was used to seeing them in the 85Gal. But the size fits them well. If they grow a lot I will upgrade them. :)

I am going to look to replace the stone of the plant - I want something that looks more like urban red brick. I think I saw such at my LFS. I also have to look for either another plant, or something to put on the right side - looks a little empty for now. BF wants one of those huge LED light display machines - will see how big they are tho, don't want to take up all their swim space :)

Thanx :D

Another cool thing about the background is that it is waterproof :D It is basically sold as textbook cover for school children. It is adhesive and waterproof. :bingo:

OMG YES! A Skatepark!!! My 11 year old brother will be excited at the thought!!! Maybe I should add a converse in the background to add some color... hmmmm.... great ideas.

I LOVE it!!!! So cool! I bet they are happy in there. Fish of the same "feather" swimming together. Your BF is lucky to have such good company while working in his office!