Growth!

Sarah the other day said she couldn't believe Charley was the same fish so I thought I'd put together a couple of pictures so we can directly compare how she's changed!

Top pic: When I saved her in January 2010 (I think). She was teeny weeny and had black markings and torn up fins.

Bottom pic: Photo taken today :)

charleycomparison.jpg

Oh and just a look at how Freckle's wonky eye situation is coming along. Again top picture is from when I got her (August?) and bottom was taken today. The picture doesn't do her eyes justice, to me they are pretty much even in size!

frecklesprogress1110.jpg

Wow they are growing up so pretty and big hun :heart

Aw thanks so much! Sadly not a lot of growth to report for Pumpkin really! She is a bit bigger than she has been but most of her growth has been in her tail and other fins rather than her body size! She is certainly different to how she used to be but not so vastly different as Charley to be honest! So no pics of her :P

Oooooooo! Whats your secret? I need tips to get my babies to grow. :angelstaf:

Ummmmm fresh water, don't have anything in the tank except sometimes plants floating around, feed a pinch twice a day... I feed them this:

14766_.jpg

I used to feed them Hikari Goldfish Staple baby pellets which floats but they never had a problem with them either and bloodworms are good for starter foods. I've never salted them either. Don't feed them every day, don't feed them on a schedule either :P pretty laid back if you ask me!

I have two internal filters, one with a spray bar which keeps the water flowing round quite happily and you can angle it to create loads of little bubbles which they like. Keep the water between 20 and 28 degrees C. Barebottom tank!

That's all I can think of :P

Oh and sometimes fruity treats but not a lot!

Aw thanks so much guys! I'm glad you approve of the improvements!

I'm such a n00b, Charley and Freckles actually appear to be boys. I had my nose pressed to the glass giving them glass kisses (cool I know) when I suddenly noticed Charlie has some little breeding stars and speckles on his front fins, then I checked all their bums (hard to do with such wiggly friendly friends) and I appear to have two fellas (C and Freckles) and one little lady Pumpkin! So change all the "hers" in this post to "his" and "he's"!