Rip Moonskis

CatfishSoup

ugh, my fish have been dying randomly in a a span of a couple months, here and then. my tank got ich once, including my two bettas, i treated all my fish but since i know that bettas are generally weak seeing how they are genetically engineered, their immune system isnt so great, unless they are just your average blue or red betta, then those died. all the other fish healed. my shrimp.. i dont even know what happened. my rubber nose pleco died, replaced him, and then Moonskis my beloved first betta.. the pic is in my sig.

then my common pleco died. some of these fish look 100 percent fine yet they die. and it was tough realizing ifhe is dead or alive (the pleco) because well those guys dont move, especially if you are staring at them at times.

but yeah its been a while since moonskis died. i bought him boxing day last year. my fish betta. he was a community betta, he pretty much never messed with any fish in the tank colorful or dull he was always nice. but then they staarted nibbing on his tail and it got short so i decided its enough of his 55 gallon days and still kept em in there but he was in a betta cage or container whatever you want to call it. it started growing nice and fast then he stopped eating. then started eating again. i thought he was just constipated, because he started floating like A stick. so i fasted and fed him peas.

then one morning his scales turned to like a pine cone, and it was just a disturbing view. his color was gone his tail was basically clear.. it seemed like it just hit him soo hard wahtever it was. and now that i think about it, maybe it was dropsy i dunno. i ahve never had a fish have dropsy i have only heard about it. so it was too late to treat, and almost at a year old, he eventually died. :(

so i had a total of 4 male bettas. 3 died, and so now i have 1 half moon, which i have yet to introduce to you guys, and 1 female.

sad storry :(

but yes pic in sig ! when he was young. about a month or less.

• Supporter

rip to your buddies.. i hope that things will improve for you with your fish keeping.. you can post any changes you see at any time in the discussions forum or the emergency 911 forum.. just remember to fill out all the questions at the top of the page so we have a good undertanding of how to help you with your fish. there is never a bad time to ask a question and we're always here to help :)

rip to your buddies.. i hope that things will improve for you with your fish keeping.. you can post any changes you see at any time in the discussions forum or the emergency 911 forum.. just remember to fill out all the questions at the top of the page so we have a good undertanding of how to help you with your fish. there is never a bad time to ask a question and we're always here to help :)

yeah a lot of their deaths have been quick and unnoticed when it comes to illness. next time.. though i would prefer not to have a next time, i shall def see if i can treat it fast and what not. im going to have to get a different water testing kit soon. i got test strips, they are almost done, but iknow they arent exactly precision testing tools.a bit more vague ish.