Added Some Fake Greenery To Tank.

redfish

It looks good but it takes away from that cool glass ornament... And I love that thing with the matching glass pebbles so much :D

Also not sure if this will dim the light enough for the algae, maybe you should keep the tank lights off some more.

Koko, it is a wonderful glass piece I bought. See previous thread in this section.

Fang, yes I am going to cut down the light. I had been leaving it on to promote green algae and get rid of diatoms. Worked really well. LOL Now LOTS of green!

Edited by redfish

I don't mind it on the sides of the tank...but the water is now going cloudy/green with it!! Which is actually good for the fish, but looks terrible, and can get worse! I have done two 50% water changes in 4 days, it clears, but is back by next day! So more darkness hopefully will keep it in check.

Edited by redfish

Sorry! I deleted the previous photo. Here is a better one. I cut the bottom of the background off, as the tank is now at one end of the sofa, visible from both sides. So we wanted to hide the filters, but still be able to see the fish while on the sofa. haha Ignore the ugly pillow "background". :P

(matching ugly pillow seen in Prince Poppycocks photo too, as his QT tank is at the other end of the sofa :rolleyes: )

Green water is almost gone...after 2 water changes and no lights today.

tank001.jpg

Edited by redfish