Goldfish On Ebay

number20121

I didn't know they sold goldfish on ebay. I was bored and looked and actually found some.

NOT planning on getting a fish at all anytime soon, but I am just wondering, has any of you experience of second hand experience about getting fish over ebay?

Also: single tailed ryukin sounds like a cross breed, right? Gotta admit thought that this is a nice looking fish, especially considering the bad photo quality. You know what this fish would look like in a GFC quality photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Single-Tail-Calico-Ryukin-pearls-Goldfish-live-fish-/270660834171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f04a4937b

This fish from a different seller looks pretty good too I think

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-6-RED-WHITE-RYUKIN-LIVE-GOLDFISH-KOI-POND-FISH-/320616289238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa63853d6

kinda like this one too http://cgi.ebay.com/5-6-HQ-CALICO-RYUKIN-LIVE-GOLDFISH-KOI-POND-FISH-/320616283428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa6383d24

These ones are absolutely gorgeous

http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Fish-Chinese-Snow-White-Butterfly-Goldfish-4-RARE-/220695834014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33627f2d9e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Live-Fish-Japanese-SHOW-RW-Ryukin-Butterfly-Goldfish-6-/220696314246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3362868186

I look at the ExoticGoldfish ones all the time! I love the two you singled out. They have a youtube channel you can subscribe to as well. They upload videos of their fish for sale, it's neat to see what they have. I think their prices are a bit steep though compared to other good quality goldfish sellers.

The single tailed ryukins are called Tamasaba. ;)

I've bought and sold quite a bit through eBay...not fish mind you, but as long as a seller has photos, a good seller's reputation, and you have the PayPal guarantee then it's worth a shot.

I found this white butterfly telescope on eBay while searching...good video of it on the auction page and it's a nice, showy butterfly. I'd take it.

My link

I know Mona's koi does them online. It's basically the same as ordering them online anywhere else I would think. Just pay over paypal with paypal or credit card and they ship. That's what Steve and Ken do I believe.

However it looks like some of these guys would rip you off on pricing and shipping. Like Sakura said their pricing is a bit steep. And $96 for one day shipping for a 5 inch fish? They must be crazy.

Edited by Haruka

@ Sakura: Thanks! I didn't know that and the seller has them offered as "single tailed Ryukin".

@ Dennis: I actually linked that one in my first post ;):D

Ah, I'd love me some show quality fish someday, but I'm quite happy with my LFS bundle of joy :wub:

And $96 for one day shipping for a 5 inch fish? They must be crazy.

That's where you really have to careful. The seller can entice you into a good starting price but if you don't research the shipping costs you're doomed. Unfortunately some sellers do make their money on inflated shipping costs.

And yes Tay, they are insane. :nana:nana :nana :nana :nana

When I was looking to sell things on artfire, people prefer to be charged fair shipping than be ripped off in having a cheap item but exorbitant shipping. :o It's dishonest!

:rofl But the sad thing is people buy it and don't know.

It sure would fit perfectly into Dennis' collection of gorgeous telescopes... :thumb:

LOL Fang I appreciate what you're trying to do here but there's no way I'm paying $100.00 shipping from FL to PA when I can combine 4 RG GF from HI to PA for $60.00!

Nice try ladies...next? :pp

It sure would fit perfectly into Dennis' collection of gorgeous telescopes... :thumb:

LOL Fang I appreciate what you're trying to do here but there's no way I'm paying $100.00 shipping from FL to PA when I can combine 4 RG GF from HI to PA for $60.00!

Oh yeah? Which RGGF have you laid your eyes on then? *rubbing hands together*

Oh yeah? Which RGGF have you laid your eyes on then? *rubbing hands together*

Oh boy...here we go again!

Are you saying some enabling is in order Dennis? :D

LOL don't even start molbert.... :hi

Hee hee! Come on. What's one more?

I need to get Tay in here...she's the one who needs to be enabled!

As for me :aint: I'm just a :postwhore: (I love that one)