New Owner, New Goldies!

Cappeh

Meet Bean and Rolo! Here's the link to the album, but these are some choice photos. (:

They are both black moors, though Bean looks more brown than black.

Their tank. Don't mind the half-background, lol. Need to find a new one at some point.

74516_1555515442852_1084170105_31324210_6934388_n.jpg

Rolo!

73755_1555520722984_1084170105_31324244_6262379_n.jpg

75801_1555517602906_1084170105_31324222_7903739_n.jpg

the elusive Bean.. does not like the camera, haha.

149542_1555517082893_1084170105_31324219_7701650_n.jpg

74859_1555519562955_1084170105_31324236_4414571_n.jpg

They're very small, maybe 3" a piece. Got them at a small mom and pop store run out of the woman's basement. Beautiful fish, never ever a sick one in the tank.

Any hints for getting them to come to the surface to eat? I'm making some gel food tomorrow, right now I have sinking pellets that I've been soaking and then dropping them near each fish. They've found all of the ones I've put in, so I know they have something in their bellies, haha. Also, how many pellets do you guys feed yours? With my bettas they get three small ones, but I have no idea what to do with these guys.

Enjoy!

Edited by Capricorn

Thanks guys!

My mom was saying "how bland, you're getting two of the same kind?" But I lovelove Moors, they're totally cute. I hope these guys will have long, happy lives with me. (: I'm going to take weekly pictures so I can try to document their growth, haha.

Any hints for getting them to come to the surface to eat? Train them to feed from the bottom. Feeding at the surface causes them to gulp air which can and will lead to swim bladder disorder. They'll do much better feeding at the bottom.

Also, how many pellets do you guys feed yours? With my bettas they get three small ones, but I have no idea what to do with these guys. Just give them one or two pellets each and watch them from there. Only feed them what they can finish within a two minute period. Any uneaten food should then be removed to prevent fouling the water. Keep them hungry...they'll be fine. ;)

Your Black Moors look great! :Congrats:

• Supporter

they're so cute.. are you sure they're 3" a piece? they look rather smallish to me.. but, they're so adorable.. i loooove blackmoors!.. nice choice.. and there's nothing "bland" about them.. also, i think your tank is nice too.

Maybe more like 2 and a half inches?.. I haven't been able to measure them so I'm just eyeballing it. The man that works at the store said they just got them recently from a breeder, so they can't be that old, right?

Maybe more like 2 and a half inches?.. I haven't been able to measure them so I'm just eyeballing it. The man that works at the store said they just got them recently from a breeder, so they can't be that old, right?

They're about the same size as the Chocolate twins...my guess is about six months old. Shell would know for sure...she's a breeder of teles... ;)

With the feeding I just shove a pinch in! Lol so measured :P but they gobble it all up.

Also I am a bad owner for teaching them to handfeed :P however Charley and Freckles came to me already trained that way! All you need to do is take a pellet and hold it in your two fingers just under the surface... they'll learn it. It's quite a handy thing to have simply for reasons that they come to trust your hands and you can hold them to check any problems they might have or move things around in the tank without freaking them out!

Naw they are so precious! Who doesnt love a black moor! :wub:

Tice tank too!

LOL I thought that was one of those silver bladders from a wine cask in the first pic.... then I realised it was the bag with the fish in it! :rofl

Welcome to Koko's :)

Congrats on your New Fish :) They are both adorable :) and yes you do NOT want them to feed from the surface they will also swallow air which is NOT good :( if they're searching the bottom for food that is fine, but do not worry in time they will come to the front of the tank to greet you when you approach if thats what your wanted ;)

A belated thank you! They've started to come right up to the glass when I walk over, it looks like they've settled in nicely. (: I'm going to get some more photos tomorrow since it looks like they've visibly grown already.