I Bought A True Japanese Koi Today

highspeedturtle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvOUNJnnZ0

Video stinks, but I will post a pic of him in the bag too.

Straight from Japan to the North East Florida Koi show today.

I noticed that this particular group of fish in a tub for sale were extremely eye catching for thier size. I kept going back to the tub and the feller say's, would you like one? I said they are different than everybody elses. They look like they were colored with crayons and had perfect bodies. He says, "these are straight in from Japan".

I ventured to ask, HOW MUCH would those cost then? He said they start at $35 and they are only 3" fish. The other 2 tubs were out of my range "Shiro Utsuri's" $$$$ . I said, I'll be back later, let me look around at the show fish.

I watched the Judging show for a while and enjoyed that. I went back to the Japan Koi feller and said " when do you guys leave"? Hoping I could come back later and get one cheaper cuase I'm a cheapo. He says "we leave tommorrow and these fish have to sell cause we dont want to haul them all over the place". I said, I have $20 ? He said , well which one are you lookin at? I says I am looking at the Kohaku?. He says I cant do $20 for those. I says, I am also interested in the GinRin Orange ones. He points acouple out and said pick one! I says yahoo, I never thought I would buy a true Japanese Koi! I was bursting with joy. The Koi has the Armoured scales on the top and one row of LARGE armoured scales down each side, all perfectly symetrical.

He's in his new home and seems happy, criusing the edges and lookin around everywhere.

i find it amazing how expensive these koi fish can get. the fish hobby in general becomes expensive.. its like an addiction... but safe, and only bad for the wallet XD nice story

I really enjoyed your video! Thanks for introducing us to some of your fish, they are stunning! Lovely pond I like the bridge so you can literally stand in the middle of your pond! Great idea. Some of your fish are HUGE! :Congrats:

Edited by U.K. Becs

Guest baseball123

Aww man I'm so jealous. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere south with warm weather and cheap land. My dad doesn't want to make a huge pond because we have a bunch of flowers that grow around our small pond.

Cant find the Japanese Koi to date. :tou

I picked up a sort-of Tancho today. He's about 4" maybe 5". Has a Black dot first, then a perfect Red triangle behind the dot, all symetrical. Those are the only colors on the fish. This is one of those strange fish that will stick out as special.

I will get pics as soon as I can for ya's.

:ehh