Stunted Fish Growth! Before And After..

kazaba

This is a before and after of Bubba, my 3 year old Oranda, who unfortunately has lived in a 1 gallon fishbowl all his life. I just recently found the picture on the left, and it is of him before moving to the 40 gallon tank (Sorry about the horrible quality--it was taken with my phone trying to figure out what kind of goldfish he is!). But you can clearly see how skinny he was before and how much his belly has filled out in ONE MONTH! His eyes also look so much smaller compared to his body now! He has even had a little bit of wen growth too! This is the first time I've compared the photos, and I am so happy to really see he's doing so much better in the big tank :wub:

beforeafter.jpg

Thanks, it feels really good to know that I have helped him! :D

And yes, I think this is good documentation of just how important lots of clean, fresh water and swimming space is! Also a change in diet (he was on old flake food before--now he's on Pro Gold, the occasional freeze dried blood worms, and peas). It's incredible how much he has changed in such a short period of time... I can only imagine what he'd be like now if he'd had proper care :(

But you can clearly see how skinny he was before and how much his belly has filled out in ONE MONTH! His eyes also look so much smaller compared to his body now! He has even had a little bit of wen growth too! This is the first time I've compared the photos, and I am so happy to really see he's doing so much better in the big tank :wub:

:Congrats: He looks very happy and healthy.

Sit back and enjoy. :newfish He will never get huge. But he will slowly get bigger and bigger ;)