Only Frozen Food?

number20121

Is it ok to feed a betta only frozen food? Mother in law's betta does not want to eat flakes or pellets at all but he loves frozen blood worms. She has the fish for almost a week now and honestly I hadn't seen him eat until I tried bloodworms yesterday.

He was very pretty when she got him but started to look not so good lately. Lost color, very listless even for a betta etc. I think he might have been starving because since he ate bloodworms the color is coming back and overall he looks and acts so much better. So even "starving" didn't make him want to eat flakes and pellets. I wonder what he ate at the LFS?

Anyway, can a betta live happily eating only bloodworms or bloodworms and whatever else frozen food I find for him that he will like? What would you recommend.

I would try to get him back on the pellets. He'll learn that he's not allowed to be picky and he'll eat what he's given LOL

As for the color what's the temperature of the tank. They can change color when spooked. They often go very pale when they're spooked or the water's too cold.

I kind of doubt it is the temperature as his color gradually got duller until he looked like a slightly blue, dark gray leaf floating in the tank. Ever since he actually eats he always has much deeper color, red, purplish blue and even the deep turquoise is back on his fins.

Temperature is set to 78. He refused flakes and pellets even before we tried the bloodworms so I doubt he was bloodworm spoiled. I tried large Omega One floating pellets, tiny nutrafin sinking pellets, Omega One tropical flakes, top fin tropical flakes and even a couple saki hikari pellets.

He took the saki hikari and spit it right back out. I swear I heard him go EEEEWWWWW!!!

Tried a tiny piece of the gel food and he just stared at it while it sank...

:doh11: What a picky boy! My fish did the same thing, have you tried those betta hikari pellets yet? My picky boys took to it after spitting it out. :rofl And they only get the bloodworms on certain days. Edited by Haruka

And then you'll see a huge version of Banana :ehh And then you HAAAVE to get it :ehh:lol2

STOPIT. :rofl I already got a lionhead. It has to be a different breed now! But what is left that looks different enough from what I got? Or a show quality ryukin!