Photos Of Goldfish At My Lfs

number20121

I went to Fintastic a couple days ago. Maybe some of you remember my "should I be disappointed in my favorite LFS" thread when I noticed a few fish with fin rot. The freshwater guy wrote me back and thanked me and told me that the affected fish would be in QT and taken care of now, and also let me know that they got three show quality ryukins in.

Anyway, I took a couple photos of their tank. They are currently in with the Chocoolate Pom Poms. LOOKATTHATTANK. This makes me happy to see. Sure, I won't be lying. The tanks fo the small, cheaper goldfish are more crowded, similar to the big chain stores. The bubbel eye tank is half the size of this one and contains 3 bubble eyes and a bunch of apple snails.

I really like the calico one but of course it is a female fish AGAIN. Not planning on buying anyway as I lack the room for such a huge fish as well as the 99.99 to pay for it.

The second pic is quite blurry but it shows the nice hump of the red and white male. The breeding stars look so cute on his red gills :D

Fintastic01.jpg

Fintastic02.jpg

So these are CHOCOLATE colored goldfish (the pom poms)? Because in the photos it looks just like Spicey in the photos. Then that would mean she is chocolate too?

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Oh I like the way they have their tanks set up :) are all the tanks like this??Or is this just a display tank??Those Ryukins are Huge!!! I would guess to say your Spicey is chocolate :)

Edited by shellbell4ever

No, as said, not all the tanks are like that. Well not all the goldi tanks but almost all the tropical tanks have a lot of room for the fish and hiding places.

Only the tanks of the "cheap" fish are more plain and more crowded such as the guppies, platys, fantails, redcap orandas etc. They do not sell single tails as pets, at least I never saw any there.

I am not gonna pay a hundred bucks for a fish that I'm not THAT interested in :D

1. no room

2. the calico is a girl, I need a boy

3. the male has too similar coloring to vanille

4. they yawn so probably flukes. 100 bucks for a flukey fish?

5. no molah

6. ??????

7. my husband would kill me in my sleep

8. PROFIT!!!

;) They've got some work to do on those humps LOL! I think all fish have flukes at some point in their lives. :o They're unavoidable I think LOL unless the store treats them for it. Did the yawning look bad?

Tay, there is a reason why I replaced PROFIT with getting murdered. LOL4CHAN

Nah, the yawning didn't look too bad. But there seriously is no room!! Unless someone wants to donate the fish plus a tank to me, then I'll say yes. And honestly, I am not too crazy about the red and orange one. There is not much that I don't like about the look of a pet, but I never liked it when a black and white cat has an all white head. This fish has the same "problem", the head is all white. I prefer some dark on the head too, like little Vanille.

But that is not what this thread is about. It is about how awesome Fintastic is. That tank looks prettier than MINE.

16.99 isn't too bad for a chocolate pom pom I guess. The middle tag 29.99 is for RANCHU MIXED XLG but I have never seen them.