Thinking Ahead For This September

helllooos peoples :D

so, i am 18, im a late baby, september baby, and well long story short, i stayed an extra year for extra credit in highschool, so i am a fifth year, but if i didnt stay then i would have been in college by now.just wanted to clarify, no im not behind in credits, in canada or ontario you need 30 credits to graduate from highschool i finished grade 12 wwith 32.5 but stayed for a coop granting me 5 more credits by the end of my highschool year.

now the reason of this thread is well. i love my fish, i got a 55 gallon heavily planted, and i plan on upgrading my light fixture soon because my brazilian sword plant is dying due to lack of watts. anyways, aside from that. i am the ONLY one in my house that knows or well takes care of my fish. no one else no fish, and by no one else, my parents and my eight year old sister..

im moving out prob in august or early september to colege to another city and so i doubt i can show up weekly for water changes. i was gone for 3 days once and my family is useless when it comes to even doing a simple tasks such as feeding my fish. i shall most likely get a one room apartment because residence is dumb, and i was thinking, well i might move my fish. now the thing is, well once i make friends, will i then choose a different place with 3 room and share with them? now issue with that. if i do re move to another apartment, then i gotta move the fish again.

but now lets start from the beginning.., how the BLEEPS do you move a 55 gallon tank 55 gallons of cycled water, fish, gravel and planted rooted plants in the gravel.

D:

thats my face right now.

thoughts?

• Admin

Its not to bad hun just hard on your back....

Ok so this is what you need to do to move a tank....

1. Move the fish into a bucket of tank water.

2. Move the plants to a bucket with just enough tank water to cover them.

3. Take the filter media and put that in a bucket or baggies to keep it wet.

4. Drain the tank all the way down. NEVER move a tank with water in it, it will crack under stress.

Then you can move every thing and put the tank and stuff in, in a reverse order hun :)

Its not to bad hun just hard on your back....

Ok so this is what you need to do to move a tank....

1. Move the fish into a bucket of tank water.

2. Move the plants to a bucket with just enough tank water to cover them.

3. Take the filter media and put that in a bucket or baggies to keep it wet.

4. Drain the tank all the way down. NEVER move a tank with water in it, it will crack under stress.

Then you can move every thing and put the tank and stuff in, in a reverse order hun :)

so wait like those giant plastic tough containers with a lid. that shall be enough? safe enough to avoid the water swaying in the container and spilling?

and so i get rid of all thw water from the tank, but what about the 60 ish pounds of gravel in the tank.. remove or keep in the tank?

Exactly, you don't need to keep the tank water, just enough to transport the fish, plants and filter media in it.

That will make it a lot easier on you!

so how many gallons then of the 55 would i roughly keep?