G20 Summit: Goldfish Installed To Help Guard Against Toxic Terror Attacks

Helen

It is sad but.... don't hit me, I kind of understand. Now don't take me wrong, but choosing the health/life of six goldfish over the health/life of hundreds of thousands of people... you know where I'm getting?

Nonetheless it is sad that such measures have to be taken at all. Humans are such a waste of air and space.

i agree with what Fang said, however, we had our G20 recently here in toronto and we used no fish for stuff like this. i think a lot of people might rage about this, and i think its sorta dumb. D: i dunno mixed feelings

That seems like a stupid idea to me. Why can't they just test the water periodically? I don't know, maybe they don't have the technology to do such things?

But goldfish get sick and die so often anyways, how will they know if it's simply a bacterial infection or parasite as opposed to a terrorist attack? So a little goldfish that just happens to get sick and die will spark a full-on terror lock down?! huh.

How is this supposed to work? Does the water flow through the tanks to the wash basins and drinking supply? Or do they just put some of the water into the tank to check? And if it is untreated water wont it make the fish sick either way? :unsure:

That seems like a stupid idea to me. Why can't they just test the water periodically? I don't know, maybe they don't have the technology to do such things?

But goldfish get sick and die so often anyways, how will they know if it's simply a bacterial infection or parasite as opposed to a terrorist attack? So a little goldfish that just happens to get sick and die will spark a full-on terror lock down?! huh.

My guess is that they don't know exactly what to test for. There are probably a lot of potential toxins and maybe new ones being developed. But I agree there still seems to be a lot of margin for error.

One of the things that gets me is the using 'used water recycled for restroom', all it's going to take is water from someone in the kitchens washing the dishes and bam, all the fish are gone and everyone's gone crazy. Or a fish poops and they all start bottom-sitting so someone pushes the alert button.

ten bucks says a feeder fish will die of some parasite issue and then they will think their city will get nuked or something... i hope someone there will know stuff about fish..

• 2 weeks later...

Um, mixed feelings here... :unsure:

Well, I feel that goldfish are living things, and each goldfish should be given a chance to live...

I'm sure humans can come up with a better method to make sure no living stuff puts their life on the line,

not even goldfish. :ignore

I was thinking along the same lines.