Transporting Tanks

Woooo... That's close. I drive a two door honda civic. It would technically fit, but I don't know aobut the angle of getting it in. Might be able to borrow my mother-in-law's PT cruiser. It's a 55 and stand for $45. I think I might have to find a way.

we thankfully had a van to use when i bought my 55 gallon. no stand but we had something already. now waht i am curious is. i have had it set up for months, im moving out no doubt for college to an apartment, but only issue is well.. no one can take care of my tank. time to write a new thread D:

• Admin

We put ors in the back seat of my hubby's Nissan sentra. It was kinda tight and we had to close the back door very carefully, but it worked.

i laughed when i saw your post hun. Cause thats TD's car too and i have moved a 45 and a 50 gal tank in the back set of that car.... fits perfect, though you cant put anything bigger back there but it works :)

We put ors in the back seat of my hubby's Nissan sentra. It was kinda tight and we had to close the back door very carefully, but it worked.

i laughed when i saw your post hun. Cause thats TD's car too and i have moved a 45 and a 50 gal tank in the back set of that car.... fits perfect, though you cant put anything bigger back there but it works :)

Yep, my tank couldn't even move a quarter inch left or right, which probably was good as it didn't get banged up that way.

Luckily the iron stand could be disassembled so we just put the pieces in the trunk together with all the equipment and had to do only one trip.

I asked for dimensions because I was't sure how much bigger the stand might be than the tank, and because I find a lot of people don't really know the size of their tanks. He says it's 48 inches long and 24 inches deep. Now I'm wondering if it could be a 75 ?!?!?!?

• Admin

Im so glad you find a car that could hold that size... My nissan wouldnt :lol by my old car that burnt down could have holded my 80 even a 100 gal tank... man I miss my car... :cry

• 2 weeks later...

LOL.....you scored a 75 (or bigger), plus a stand for $45!! Right on! You're going to love seeing the fish in that, and you have plenty of room for a cool 3D background if you're so inclined!!