Pics Of Everyone!

Guest Halloween

Guest Halloween

fish1-2.jpg

fish2.jpg

I've decided to call this little Telescope girl Ojallin.

fish3-1.jpg

To bad this one is a bit blurry, I just can't resist open mouth pictures!!!

fish4.jpg

I do a 70% water change every day on this tank so this guy has developed his breeding stars :3

fish5.jpg

Loving the reflection! Does anyone know why this fish's underside is turning yellow?? I had another fish (my big black Oranda Jonas) start turning yellow in the exact same place. Just a bit strange to see it again.

fish6.jpg

It almost looks like she's wearing a beret! Hahaha!

fish7.jpg

He looks so poetic! Like he's making a grand statement "THIS, my friends is why we deserve treats every hour on the hour!"

fish8.jpg

fish9.jpg

This is the only living pond fish. I had 4. One was picked off soon after we got them. One was nabbed 2 summers ago, and the 3rd one which was the girl that jumped out and I found DRY in the garden was picked off by a cat a couple weeks ago. She made a full recovery but never grew after the accident. Kind of sad to see her go :c Now one by one we're doing away with the cats that are stupid enough to wander into our live traps. So far we've shipped 2 out. There are at LEAST 4 more. I've seen them. They wander in a huge pack. This fish is going to live inside now and the pond will be fishless. unless we are somehow able to eliminate every cat in Minnesota. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

fish12.jpg

fish13.jpg

fish14.jpg

fish11.jpg

Here are my two dropsy survivors. They get 100% water changes every day and live in with a constant concentration of epsom salt and do amazingly well. They swim a little slower and aren't as strong as the others but they SEEM totally happy and healthy. They eat, swim around, interact, etc.

My goodness they are lovely fish :heart

Perhaps you can put some kind of wire netting over the pond to get rid of the cats. Or maybe install a fence of some sort or those water squirter things to keep them away?

They are all absolutely gorgeous. Really rich colors. I think the yellow underbelly spot is just a color change. The yellow may change to darker deeper orange later or may not...underbelly doesnt get as much light so may not change too much.

I love your pond fish! He is too cute. :painting:

They look great! I especially love the telescope!

And with the yellow belly, Hugo is the same. You can see in my sig that she has a nice deep orange in her calico spots, but the "orange" on her belly is just as yellow as on your fish.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Very beautiful goldfish you have :) the telescope is just too cute :) you change 70% of your water everyday?may I ask why?how big is your tank? just curious ;) Sorry to hear about your pond fish :( that must have been very upsetting :( My white lionhead and white telescope both have yellow on their belly's too i thought that was a bit weird ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Halloween

WHEWW! I can't believe I forgot about this thread!!! YIKES! Thank you ALL for nice comments!!! Really. :D

Shellbell4ever - I change so much of the water on a daily basis because it's too small of a tank for the amount of fish I have in it :x It's grossly overstocked so I REALLY stay on top of the water quality even though I have 2 filters running on it. It is just a 20 gallon, and contains fish big enough to deserve 50 gallons EACH :o

Kerstin - The pond fish is about 6.5 in in length.