Goldfish Food Asap

Deku

Iam going to the petstore in an hour, and I was wondering what kind of goldfish foods are suitable for a ryukin, that is the healthiest as it can be. I mean, I tried looking for hikari fooods none of them carry hikari and I am going to order the saki hikari later on this month(I cant atm). So Iam wondering what you guys think are some good foods? Some people say omegaone and redsea are some good foods.

I dont wanna spend over 10bucks on the food since Iam already getting the food order within the month.

I've heard good things about Omega One Pellets. Not sure on the cost though :o

The only hikari food I can seem to find is hikari gold which I have and threw it out since its old and hikari wheat germ. They mainly had redsea, omegaone, and foods like that. I called everywhere. Its annoying me, cause I called this one petstore who was selling the saki hikari for like 40bucks. And Iam like 40bucks for one small bag of hikari??? You drunk or sometihng? Hikari foods wouldnt go that high.

Omega One Goldfish Pellets are very good, I raised my fish on those. Sorta.

Is that the best food Ill be able to find in the store? Sides hikari(cause I cant find saki hikari ANYWHERE). They also have many other goldfish foods. I just dont get why no saki hikari. Not even the basic stuff!!!! D:

I have some omega one pellets on the side, but Hikari will most likely be your best bet. :) Just order Hikari online. It's well priced.

I cant wait for the saki-hikari because I have to order it, Iam going to order it from amazon. But for RIGHT now. I need a food asap. I checked everywhere. All I could find is hikari wheat germ, and hikari gold baby pellets(thats what I was feeding my goldfish from the start.). Iam probably going for the hikari gold. Even though its a floating type food, because it improved my goldies color. He also loves that like its candy. Ill go check the foods. But what are the most important things that the foods should have? Easy digestion is an obvious one. Nutrition but what about nutrition? What kind of vitamins does it need? Protein? how high? Fiber?I just fed it some flake food thats for tropical fish cause thats all I had that wasnt expired. But In an hour Iam going over to the petstore and I wanna know what is the best food asides from saki hikari and progold. It has to be nutritious, good for their color and easy to digest. I like the hikari gold because it boasts probiotics and such. Plus I like the packaging. xD Thats what got me to buy their food in the first place to be honest. Lol it looked soo fancy I had to give it a try. I never tried omegaone, redsea, and a few other companies. I have tried tetra, topfin, and the basic brands and I gotta say they suck.

Just get omega one. Do not feed them the floating pellets just for color. Why would you want to compromise their health just for color? Omega one should be fine until you get the hikari.

Well, since you're choosing a short-term food just to tide you over till you get the Saki-Hikari, I wouldn't worry too much about things like protein percentages, etc. It's short-term, after all. Instead, if it was me, I would just make sure the food DOESN'T have the really undesirable stuff, like artificial colors, artificial flavors, ethoxyquin as a preservative, etc.

Just get omega one. Do not feed them the floating pellets just for color. Why would you want to compromise their health just for color? Omega one should be fine until you get the hikari.

Hmm. Okay. I will get omegaone. :]

Well, since you're choosing a short-term food just to tide you over till you get the Saki-Hikari, I wouldn't worry too much about things like protein percentages, etc. It's short-term, after all. Instead, if it was me, I would just make sure the food DOESN'T have the really undesirable stuff, like artificial colors, artificial flavors, ethoxyquin as a preservative, etc.

Thanks. Ill look into that, and Ill make sure to get something extremely healthy that sinks then! I thought floating wasnt too bad because I fed it to mygoldfish before and nothing happened. But prevention is the key to success! atleast my mom wont be enraged anymore. Cause I showed her the price online, and it was 10x cheaper than the one in that store. Which is concidentally a good store, but everything tends to be overpriced. :P If the food lasted for like years without ever getting spoiled thats a different story. But I do have other pets, and I need to make sure I have enough money to keep them healthy. Which I always do, but as a precaution.

• Supporter

how's about you feed peas for a few days until the food gets to you?.. peas are good at clensing fish and they absolutely love them.. they're approx $3 per bag at the supermarket, you have to get them frozen, unsalted and then you just boil them up with some tank water for a few mins, let them cool, pinch the skin and the pea just pops out.. mash it up a little with your fingers and feed.. or you can blanche some spinach until it's soft, pop it on a veggie clip and watch them go mad..

how's about you feed peas for a few days until the food gets to you?.. peas are good at clensing fish and they absolutely love them.. they're approx $3 per bag at the supermarket, you have to get them frozen, unsalted and then you just boil them up with some tank water for a few mins, let them cool, pinch the skin and the pea just pops out.. mash it up a little with your fingers and feed.. or you can blanche some spinach until it's soft, pop it on a veggie clip and watch them go mad..

I already went and bought some nutrafin sinking goldfish pellets. It was th e only thing that I could find. I could find the omegaone. I also got frozen brine shrimp