I Got Another Male And A Live Plant!

enesta

I had a spare 5 gallon sitting around and my girlfriend decided to buy me a hood for it so I could get another betta. I got another male, but this time from the LFS instead of a big corporation. He was a lot more expensive, but in much better shape and much prettier. I'm also trying a live plant in my tank - anyone have any idea of the type of plant pictured below? I forgot what the owner said... and I only have a 15w incandescent bulb, hope that's enough.

dsc0252i.jpg

Still working on a name. I was thinking of Pica, in homage to my grandmother that just passed. It was the first and one of the few Italian words she taught me (she never spoke English) and it means small.

I think your lighting will be fine whatever it is, that's 3W per gallon and is ample for most plants. I can't help you on identifying it, but it's worth finding out because it may need substrate and/or root-tab food things to flourish.

Your betta's very cool! I think Pica's a perfect name for him, and such a lovely reason for picking it too :)

Well, it was the way she said it to me.. I guess technically it's Sicilian - not sure if it's exactly right but I like it still.

Problem is that the hoods they sell for 5 gallons only take incandescent light :(

Wisteria sounds familiar, I think that is what it is. Thanks everyone!