Video Of The New Fihies

usmgp1

• Supporter

omg! the tele's look fantastic.. infact they all do.. congratulations on the new fish..

i noticed though one of the single tails is quite zippy (now i know single tales are quick sometimes lightning fast) but, given they are new fish,, have you prazi'd incase of flukes? i asked as i didn't see any of the other ones darting around..

again, congratulations, they're so cute :heart

omg! the tele's look fantastic.. infact they all do.. congratulations on the new fish..

i noticed though one of the single tails is quite zippy (now i know single tales are quick sometimes lightning fast) but, given they are new fish,, have you prazi'd incase of flukes? i asked as i didn't see any of the other ones darting around..

again, congratulations, they're so cute :heart

Flukes? What should I look for? His tail has not fully formed yet. It is starting to fan but he is so tiny it has not developed.It is a vrey tight fan right now.

• Supporter

we typically associate darting or flashing around in the tank with flukes.. there is heaps of info on this site about flukes and 90% of the time easily treated with prazi.. give me a few seconds, i will pm a mod to come and help..

I don't think the singletail's got flukes, or if he does not a very infestation right now, I think he's just a zippy fish, my chocolate oranda moves like that sometimes. Flukes symptoms are usually sudden jerky movements and flicking along the bottom of the tank like they have an itch, flukes live in the gills, you can get a treatment called Prazi-Pro in the US that is very mild on your tank filter and will zap the flukes, it's definitely something worth looking into and can be used as a preventative as well as a cure. It's a good idea to treat all new fish with it during quarantine so you don't end up introducing flukes into an established aquarium.

How long have you had these fish? Just wondering if your filter is cycled yet, you may see some unusual swimming caused by stress if it's not. Long term you may wish to look at moving Mr Zippy and any other single-tails either to a pond or a single-tail only tank, they'll grow a lot quicker and be a lot faster than your cute little telescope and the other fancies and they may not get enough food. So far the fish look happy and healthy though :) Just don't want you having any problems in the long-term :)