Female Bettas In A Community Tank?

us4298

Currently, I have a cycling 5 gallon tank with a guppy in it and I was thinking that after I am done with the cycling that I would add: maybe some neon tetra, 2-3 ghost/cherry shrimp, 1-2 female bettas, but my problem is: Can they be in a community tank? I searched the internet with some people saying yes while others saying no, and my local aqaurium has a whole tank full of them together.I need some opinions.

A 5 gallon tank would be much too small for those female betta sororities. I would say a 30 gallon or more would work best so they can stake out some territories, or else they will fight eachother :(

I would have suggested a trio of sparkling gouramis but you have a guppy in there. My sparklers destroyed the male fancies since they thought the guppies were their rivals.:(

Hmm.... maybe I can return the guppy. Can someone suggest any schooling fish for a 5 gallon, Im thinking about getting a school of 6. Would White sclouds work? Would Neons work?